Coding translation

Kragtor

I'm not a trained coder; I am trying to understand these files in order to make some minor changes/understand the game better. Can someone translate the below, specifically to understand how much damage the burning arrow and the molotov actually do?

<buff name="buffBurningFlamingArrow" hidden="true">

<damage_type value="heat"/>

<stack_type value="replace"/>

<duration value="14"/>

<effect_group>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AddBuff" buff="buffIsOnFire"/>

<passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" duration="0,14" value="4,15"/>

<passive_effect name="WaterChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" value="1.5"/>

<passive_effect name="HypothermalResist" operation="base_add" value="35"/>

<passive_effect name="HyperthermalResist" operation="base_add" value="-15"/>

</effect_group>

</buff>

<buff name="buffBurningMolotov" hidden="true">

<stack_type value="replace"/>

<duration value="16"/>

<effect_group>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AddBuff" buff="buffIsOnFire"/>

<passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" duration="0,8,16" value="4,10,20">

<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffStatusCheck"/>

</passive_effect>

<passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" duration="0,8,16" value="1,5,13">

<requirement name="HasBuff" buff="buffStatusCheck"/>

</passive_effect>

<passive_effect name="WaterChangeOT" operation="base_subtract" value="1.5"/>

<passive_effect name="HypothermalResist" operation="base_add" value="35"/>

<passive_effect name="HyperthermalResist" operation="base_add" value="-15"/>

</effect_group>

I see the base duration of both effects, and the line with "HealthChangeOT", but in that line it lists multiple values for both duration and value. Does that mean the damage scales based on what point of the part of the buff it's at?

Thanks for any help.

For anyone looking for extra credit; I couldn't find an on-fire/burning buff that was added by campfires. Is that no longer in game? One of my friends stated he was set on fire by a campfire; i've not seen any zombie's in this build burn after running over a campfire.

For anywhere from 0 to 14 seconds, health will go down from 4 to 15 points per second.

...so the dice rolls 5 seconds, then the next dice rolls take 4, 5, 8, 6, 5 points of damage for a total of 28 points.

- - - Updated - - -

Zombies on campfire... Very same topic on my discord... Code says it should work, most say it doesn't currently work. So probably bugged.

For anywhere from 0 to 14 seconds, health will go down from 4 to 15 points per second.

...so the dice rolls 5 seconds, then the next dice rolls take 4, 5, 8, 6, 5 points of damage for a total of 28 points.

- - - Updated - - -

Zombies on campfire... Very same topic on my discord... Code says it should work, most say it doesn't currently work. So probably bugged.

There's a <comment> in the code about blocks not applying buffs correctly. They have a hack for the Burning stuff, maybe it just doesn't work right.

Here:

<buff name="buffBurningEnvironment" hidden="true"> <!-- remove when blocks proc buffs correctly -->

<stack_type value="ignore"/>

<duration value=".5"/>

<effect_group>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AddBuff" buff="buffBurningEnvironmentHack"/>

</effect_group>

</buff>

<buff name="buffBurningEnvironmentHack" hidden="true"> <!-- rename to "buffBurningEnvironment" when blocks proc buffs correctly -->

Also, thanks for the assistance!

Archived