Game Froze While Riding Bike, Game Now Freezes On Restart

manOyore

I've been playing a new game on alpha 17 b240 stable. I deleted all old games saves before I started this one.

Around day 12 I crafted a bicycle and used it to get to a couple of trader missions. On my way to another mission, the game froze while riding my bicycle. When I rebooted my PC and restarted the game, the game locks up immediately upon loading the game save. I tried to restart a few times more but to no avail.

I imagine my game save is corrupted and there isn't anything to do to fix it but I thought I would check here first. I really don't want to have to restart again; but if I do, I guess I'll just wait for the next update rather than risk losing progress again. I haven't gotten past day 14 without restarting since alpha 17 came out.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I found the solution to this by accident.

I tried loading that game save one last time before I was going to delete it. As it was loading I got a phone call. When I returned, I see a wandering horde coming toward me. Since I can't move using a controller or a KB&M, I sat back and watched the horde beat me to death. When I died, I saw my corpse fall off of my bike before I respawned at my base. I was able to get my pack and bike back and everything seems to be back to normal.

So it turns out the game didn't freeze up when reloading. I spawned into the world on my bike since the game crashed while I was riding it. So there seems to be some kind of bug where you can't move or even get off of your bike if you load into the game while still riding your bike.

So if this happens to you, just wait until something comes along and kills you or you starve to death. Hopefully this helps somebody else.

Archived