• An Internal Net Connection Error Occurred, to Prevent Stability Issue You Have Been Disconnected

AngelC
    • Version: A21 b324

Summary: "An Internal Net Connection Error Occurred" notification and removed from server

Game Version: A21 b324

OS/Version: Windows 10

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

System Memory: 48 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070Ti

Screen Resolution: 1920*1080

Video Settings: Ultra

Game mode: MP Client

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? Yes*1

Did you validate your files? Yes*4

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? Default (On)

Bug Description:

Few hours ago, I was playing the latest stable build (A21 b324) with 2 of my friends, with one of them being the host of the MP game. He then experienced a sudden power outage at his place. After he restarted the MP host at his end, I couldn't connect back to the game. The error provided below kept showing up for multiple times, while the other friend was able to connected back to the original session without issues. Another friend was able to join the game session as well. I tried connect from steam friends, connect from in-game server list, and connect via friend invitation, yet the error was reproduced. During the process I validated my game file through steam setting four (4) times. We also attempt to establish a connection to a new game, yet the error was persistent. VPN couldn't solve the issue as well.

https://pastebin.com/B346Phrg

https://imgur.com/OPO89Rc

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Unknown. My friend had a sudden power outage at his place. After he restarting the MP host, I wasn't able to connected back in to the previous game or a new game.

Actual result: After a few error codes in red and yellow, system automatically generated a pop-up message saying "An Internal Net Connection Error Occurred, to Prevent Stability Issue You Have Been Disconnected" and I was kicked from server.

Expected result: Able to join server, I guess.

P.S. I briefly searched if anyone else is experiencing the same issue, and it appears that there is little to no discussion or posts on steam or google search prior to the launch of A21 experimental/stable. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

My brother had this and many other issues, that to me seens that was caused by the same thing. Like you he did all the verify files and etc, but I found a solution that worked for him and he do not loose his char.

Originally posted by backdoc25 in another thread, my brother just follow this exact instructions:

"I had the same problem and I solved it as follows:

You will open %appdata%>Roaming and save the folder "7 Days To Die". This will serve as your backup.

Now, you will navigate to the location where the game is saved and open the game launcher. Proceed to the "Tools" section and select "Clean Game Data." Activate all the available options. After completing this step, launch the game and create a new save in the same world as your previous one.

Once the new world you create finishes loading, log out, and open %appdata%>Roaming>7 Days To Die>Saves. Here, you will replace the <Navezgane> folder (which represents the map you play on) with the <Navezgane> folder from the backup you previously made.

And the best part is, you won't lose anything at all.

I resolved my issue by replacing only that folder, so I'm not aware if there's any other way to solve it.

Good luck dude"

We are aware of various issues with corrupt files players are facing after power loss. The team has been working on a new save game system that should resolve this issue in a later alpha.

In the mean time, let us know if the solution suggested by jonanndaflon and backdoc25 resolves this issue. 

So the answer to backdoc25 and johanndaflon's solution is a Yesn't.

On the good part, I can now connect to my friends' P2P servers again.

The bad part is, I can only connect to NEW saves and Navezgane/NEW RWG maps (I didn't test whether I can connect to PREGEN maps or not). I tried to connect to New save of previously played RWG map but encountered some issues. 

1. Prolonged loading time from [Steamworks.NET] LobbyJoinRequested to [Steamworks.NET] Auth.GetAuthTicket() [EOS] CopyIdToken result: Success. It took me roughly 3 mins to get to this stage.

2. Unable to proceed beyond StartGame. No further log was generated, while at this point I should be receiving a whole cluster of config stuff from the server (my friend). GUI was operational as I can still use left/right click to cycle through the tips. Since there is no progress and ESC menu isn't available in loading screen, I can only force quit the program. No log files regarding the attempts made under the aforementioned condition was found in the designated log folder. 

During such testing, I was able to stream to the friend hosting the server and my friend wasn't experiencing unstable network connection. The result was reproducible on our ends. I am sorry that I can't provide a complete log file. The issue seems to be limited to the maps (not the original saves) that was played. New RWG doesn't (or hasn't) have this issue.

As for whether I was able to keep the progress. The answer is no for obvious reasons.

My friend and I are also experiencing this issue.

We've tried the Steam and Game Pass clients and both have the same issue.

We've followed the advice above and that hasn't worked (on a side note, where do I find the game seed as the terrain is doing funky things on the copied version?).

We've both created new worlds and both acted as the host.

9/10 times we get this error message, but sometimes it lets us play together, but then the person joining gets kicked after about 10-15 mins.

As the error occurred, there is a brief moment where the console pops up with the errors, we took some screenshots as they happened. See below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CN-Px3gETk2HaPmK1-BYVlGDY8hUmwPf/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DTmxBYWcLNEDURy06ACXG_R6hJIoyWFh/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z4KJLqKI4yQxgew0NmgJ2Z9aj7ArSagX/view?usp=sharing

Prior to Alpha 21, we both played many hours together and neither of our PCs have changed.

Thanks

On 7/8/2023 at 4:42 AM, Sirius Sil said:

My friend and I are also experiencing this issue.

We've tried the Steam and Game Pass clients and both have the same issue.

We've followed the advice above and that hasn't worked (on a side note, where do I find the game seed as the terrain is doing funky things on the copied version?).

We've both created new worlds and both acted as the host.

9/10 times we get this error message, but sometimes it lets us play together, but then the person joining gets kicked after about 10-15 mins.

As the error occurred, there is a brief moment where the console pops up with the errors, we took some screenshots as they happened. See below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CN-Px3gETk2HaPmK1-BYVlGDY8hUmwPf/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DTmxBYWcLNEDURy06ACXG_R6hJIoyWFh/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z4KJLqKI4yQxgew0NmgJ2Z9aj7ArSagX/view?usp=sharing

Prior to Alpha 21, we both played many hours together and neither of our PCs have changed.

Thanks

Same issue here.  Since A21 I'm no longer able to maintain a network connection past a couple minutes.
    Another user on the same server has been able to get into the game on my network and play without issue.

His OS is WIn 10 and I'm WIn 11.  We both made sure that our WIndows Firewall rules match.  I've even disabled the firewall, without any benefit.

My friend also has this issue, I cannot join them nor can they join me. power loss wasn't a factor either. This happened when we started a new game after updating and immediately they were faced with An Internal net connection error has occurred.  

On 7/5/2023 at 12:45 PM, schwanz9000 said:

We are aware of various issues with corrupt files players are facing after power loss. The team has been working on a new save game system that should resolve this issue in a later alpha.

In the mean time, let us know if the solution suggested by jonanndaflon and backdoc25 resolves this issue. 

For me, the steps provided allow me to get onto the game, but after just a few minutes I'm booted. The next attempt to login shows the screen notification discussed in this thread.

Wondering if there has been any update or work around? Only new to the Alpha 21 version  of 7dtd but getting the internal net connection error also. Tried removing app data,deleted all game data and reinstalled but nothing seems to be working 

I get this same error when I attempt to join a dedicated server . But have not experienced an issue in peer-to-peer servers. I have also tried all of the above suggestions and am still having the same problem . It’s very frustrating as I really like this game and my friends whom I normally play with have had no difficulty whatsoever joining the dedicated servers. I’m not interested in playing the game alone and if this isn’t solved soon I’m afraid I will stop playing this game all together. 

Any movement on this? We have a dedicated server with 6 people playing and one just got this net connection error and is unable to log back in. He played for a few hours before this occurred.

Looks like it's an issue with the players save file on the server.  Removing a player save from the server's "7dtdsaves\[map name]\[save name]\Players" directory allows them to log back in.  I'm guessing a corrupted entry in the .ttp file.

The error seems to occur after an in-game error... in our case the player was looting an object, an error occurred and was then unable to interact with any objects at all.  Once logged off, he was unable to log back in.  If this occurs again, we will attempt restoring the .ttp file backup that is saved.