• Occasional game crashes during POI quests.

NHmetalhead
    • Version: A.21

Summary: I get occasional (but fairly regular) crashes while running quests in various POI's.  It is not specific to any one POI, as I've gotten crashes in different POIs at different times.

Game Version: A21.1 b16

OS/Version: Windows

CPU Model: AMD 7800x3d

System Memory: 32 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: AMD 7900XTX 24GB

Screen Resolution: 2560x1440

Video Settings: Custom - Terrain is Ultra and SS Reflections are High.  Motion Blur and Depth of Field are currently OFF, although I've gotten crashes with them ON also.  Everything else is set to High/100%/On/Full.

Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? Only have this one save.

Did you start a new game? Yes, although this has happened previously in an earlier save.

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? Off

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

It is not easy to reproduce, as I'll sometimes be able to play for hours without crashes, but sometimes it happens early in a gaming session.  The crashes always seem to occur while running POIs.

Actual result: The game will freeze for a few seconds, then a  hard crash to desktop.

Expected result: I expect the game not to crash.  :)

Link to Pastebin Output Log:
    https://pastebin.com/ySdVHUui

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It would seem those type of D3D errors are typically either Unity or gfx drivers. Alpha 22 should be on a newer version of Unity, which may fix the crash.

Thank you for the reply.  Interestingly, since posting the original bug report, I noticed that my GPU was getting VERY hot (over 100 degrees C).  It doesn't even get close to that in other games, so I didn't even think to look at that at first.  However, once I tweaked my fan profiles I haven't had a crash yet.  :)