Montaris
    • Version: A21 b324

Game Version: (A21 b3xx) - A21 b324

OS/Version: (Windows / Linux / Mac) - Windows

CPU Model: (Intel i5 9600K / AMD Ryzen 7 1800x / etc) - N/A

System Memory: (4 GB / 8 GB / 16 GB / etc) - N/A

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 1060 4 GB / AMD RX 580 8 GB / etc) - N/A

Screen Resolution: (Width and Height such as 1920x1080) - N/A

Video Settings: (Low / Medium / High / Ultra / Custom(Custom has many combinations, so just list the settings you think are relevant to the bug if any))

Game mode: (MP host / MP client / SP / Client on Dedi, RWG or NAV) - Dedi

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes/No) No

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) No

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) No

Are you using any mods? (Yes/No) Yes

EAC on or off? Off

Bug Description: Unable to create First Aid Kit even with ingredients and Beaker on fire

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) When choosing First Aid Kit from Crafting Table, it only gives you the option to "Track"

2) Tried same crafting on Fire with a Beaker and it didn't show up at first until typing "Fir" and then click on it and it still says "Track"

3)

Actual result: Unable to Make First Aid Kit from what I can see?

Expected result: A Crafting Option for First Aid Kits

Link to Pastebin Output Log:

Screenshot 2023-07-14 144708.jpg

Screenshot 2023-07-14 144808.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The science icon next to the first aid kit entry in the crafting menu is saying that this can only be made at a chemistry station. You can't make it on a campfire (even with a beaker).

9 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:

The science icon next to the first aid kit entry in the crafting menu is saying that this can only be made at a chemistry station. You can't make it on a campfire (even with a beaker).

Okay, that would make sense.  So, if you can't craft a Chemistry Station, you are stuck.  It is a little confusing as it doesn't state anywhere that is requires a Chemistry Station and the icons are exactly the same on the fire with a beaker and what would be considered the Chemistry Station Icon. 

So, even with full medical, which I chased because I assumed the First Aid Kit would be in that tree, I still need a bunch of Forging Magazines to build a Chemistry Station.

I am suggesting that maybe this be changed so it can be crafted on the Camp Fire, as well as the Chemistry Bench or that the Chemistry Station be easier to acquire that 60 magazines, as I am finding it difficult to find forging mags anywhere.

@Montaris
    Agreed! I would say that they could just be made in the backpack and workbench now.
    The player MUST also find or buy the blood bags and beer which is yet another gate in the way.
    The chemistry station is needed to make beer later on, but there is no way to craft the blood bags.

I'll have to talk to Madmole first to make sure he's ok with this change.

5 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

@Montaris
    Agreed! I would say that they could just be made in the backpack and workbench now.
    The player MUST also find or buy the blood bags and beer which is yet another gate in the way.
    The chemistry station is needed to make beer later on, but there is no way to craft the blood bags.

I'll have to talk to Madmole first to make sure he's ok with this change.

That would be awesome!  And honestly, you do find a lot of blood bags in the world, but it would also make sense that you can boil water and hops on the fire to make beer, as that is kind of what alcohol stills are, big boiling fires.  I am glad I found that out, because it has the same symbol and I would have been mad if I got hops and couldn't make beer LMAO!!  I am glad I could pass on this idea and hope it helps :)

3 hours ago, LayLevi said:

Why are you reporting this as a bug?

Originally I assumed it was a bug, because it has the Science Icon beside it, but if you put a Beaker on the Campfire is also has the Science Icon on it, so I thought it was broken.  This was cleared up and then suggested that maybe the icon on the fire be changed to something that differentiate it from the Chem Station.