• Semi trucks text issue

User
    • Version: A21.2 EXP

Summary: Some semi trucks have the name of "semi truck modular front" as opposed to just "(orange/any colour semi truck)" when looting. This issue persists after looting.

Game Version:
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor
    System Memory: 16GB
    GPU Model and VRAM: NVIDIA GeForce 1650 SUPER
    Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
    Video Settings: Medium/Low
    Game mode: Single Player

Did you wipe old saves? No
    Did you start a new game? No
    Did you validate your files? No
    Are you using any mods? No
    EAC on or off? Off

Bug Description:

Semi trucks have a localization issue where they show their model name instead of just "orange semi truck", unlike all other vehicle types.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:
    1) Find a poi with a truck outside of it (In my case, the ransacked Shotgun Messiash store)
    2) Approach and hover your mouse over the truck
    3) Observe the bug

Expected Result: Semi trucks to follow naming conventions set by all other vehicles

Actual Result: Semi trucks are referred to as "(colour) semi truck modular front" as opposed to "(colour) semi truck"

Image example: https://imgur.com/SKNhpCc

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for reporting.

"Orange Semi Truck Modular Front" is the correct localized name,  so is not considered a bug.  If it was showing the unlocalized name by mistake,  it would have been "cntSemiTruck01ModularFrontOrange".

10 hours ago, chikorina said:

Thank you for reporting.

"Orange Semi Truck Modular Front" is the correct localized name,  so is not considered a bug.  If it was showing the unlocalized name by mistake,  it would have been "cntSemiTruck01ModularFrontOrange".

Oh okay. I was a bit confused at why it included the modular front portion, as it sounded more like a term for building/prefab, and didn't make sense to have random trucks in the world be called "modular front" (to me), when every other vehicle doesn't have that. My bad!

3 hours ago, User said:

Oh okay. I was a bit confused at why it included the modular front portion, as it sounded more like a term for building/prefab, and didn't make sense to have random trucks in the world be called "modular front" (to me), when every other vehicle doesn't have that. My bad!

I think it's because "semi truck" is already a different block. Semi Truck has wheels behind it whereas Semi Truck Modular Front does not

Fiumvkk.jpg

2ybFsbp.jpg

3 hours ago, NekoPawtato said:

I think it's because "semi truck" is already a different block. Semi Truck has wheels behind it whereas Semi Truck Modular Front does not

Fiumvkk.jpg

2ybFsbp.jpg

Oh okay. Seemed like a bit of a strange name to me is all.