• B323 removed ability to scroll in Unlocks window of Crafting Perks tab

Taien
    • Version: Alpha 21 b323

Output Log:  https://pastebin.com/VzbUrReq

Screenshot:  https://imgur.com/a/BzMcwoD

Summary: In previous builds, the player could click on any crafting skill in the crafting perks tab and then would be able to use the mouse wheel to scroll down and see the different tiers.  Now in build 323 it seems that this functionality is either broken or has been removed, which effectively limits all crafting skills to five tiers of unlocks, which is bad for modders.  Please tell me this is actually a bug and that it can be fixed because I had already modded some new items into the new crafting perk system.

Game Version: A21 b323

OS/Version: Windows

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 core (6 physical)

System Memory: 64GB

GPU Model and VRAM: NVidia GeForce RTX 3080

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

Video Settings: Medium, but not relevant

Game mode: Any, tested in singeplayer and multiplayer

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes, one I wrote for b317 and tested as having no errors in b323.

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: In previous builds, the player could click on any crafting skill in the crafting perks tab and then would be able to use the mouse wheel to scroll down and see the different tiers.  Now in build 323 it seems that this functionality is either broken or has been removed, which effectively limits all crafting skills to five tiers of unlocks, which is bad for modders.  Please tell me this is actually a bug and that it can be fixed because I had already modded some new items into the new crafting perk system, and they are now unable to be seen in that menu due to being in the 6th and 7th slots of unlocks.  Mods which increase the number of tiers in a certain crafting skill above 5 will have the problem of having all tiers above 5 be unable to be seen in the crafting perks menu if you can't scroll the unlocks tab.  They will still unlock properly, but it's hard for players to know what they're going to unlock from 100-200 craftingHarvestingTools in my mod when the default cap is 100 and everything above that can't be seen in the unlocks tab (due to Harvesting Tools already having 5 tiers by default).

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1)  Go into your perks menu

2)  Click on crafting tab

3)  Click on "Harvesting Tools" or any other skill

4)  Use mousewheel (which previously scrolled the "Unlocks" window)

Actual result: There is no effect from scrolling the mousewheel, whereas in b317 you would be able to scroll down and see additional tiers. 

Expected result: The "Unlocks" tab should scroll down to reveal additional tiers beyond the 5th.  In b317, it worked this way.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for reporting.

Having been able to scroll to empty slots,  when the vanilla crafting skills only went up to tier 5 was the bug.  That window was not meant to be scrolled.

Thanks for the response.  My response to that is "booooooooooooo." :)  You're effectively limiting all crafting skills to 5 tiers regardless of mods with this change.  So this change makes the crafting system unmoddable.  People are going to want to mod it to add their own items.  Think of the people!

Can't we at least have it scroll down to the last crafting tier?  In code terms: if there are more than 5 tiers, then it should be scrollable?

Chikorina, there are more than 5 tiers in my crafting skills.  How do I scroll it now?  Or am I just stuck having items that can't be seen in the list?  

19 minutes ago, Taien said:

Chikorina, there are more than 5 tiers in my crafting skills.  How do I scroll it now?  Or am I just stuck having items that can't be seen in the list? 

An idea/suggestion for modding, what about a new crafting magazine tree? Say "Advanced Harvesting Tools"? I was thinking maybe you put all of the higher tier stuff into that crafting category, and add a new recipe that unlocks when you max out Harvesting Tools, that lets you convert the regular harvesting tool magazines into advanced harvesting tools magazine? (I do not know if any of this is possible since I've never messed with mods). Might be stretching it in terms of realism though