• Zombies pause when near a snake corpse

Gako21
    • Version: A21 b317

To the wonderful Jugginator (or alternatively anyone else reading this):

Dear, darling Jugginator, I once again have the sad duty to inform you of a new bug. When a zombie gets near a dead snake, they start to just stand and slowly move into a direction instead of either eating the snake corpse or continuing to follow the player. This happens at least with snakes, not sure about other animal corpses.

Game Version: A21 b317

OS/Version: Windows 10

Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? No

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description:

When a snake is killed and the corpse remains on the ground, zombies that get near it stop moving and ignore the nearby player. They may slowly move towards a direction. This ends either after some time or if the zombie gets near the player, after which the zombies start to wander around normally, ignoring the player and the snake corpse. Here's the log, I heard you'd otherwise remove this post. The incident happened near the end and I started a new world to confirm it: https://pastebin.com/YgFmkTpX. This video is probably gonna help you out more though:

Much love and adoration!

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Spawn a snake and a zombie.

2) Kill the snake, leaving its corpse on the ground.

3) Get the zombie to walk near the corpse.

Actual result: Zombie starts standing around while close enough to the snake corpse, ignoring the player.

Expected result: Zombie either starts eating the snake corpse or continues to move towards the player unbothered by the snake corpse.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments