• survivor_site_01 aka Camp Carlson bugged quest

prototype464
    • Version: A21.1 b16 (Stable)

Summary: After accepting the Tier 1 Clear from Trader Hugh in Navezgane, I go to Camp Carlson (survivor_site_01) and upon activating the quest, I get a "EXC NotImplementedException: CopyFrom() not implemented yet" error in console, no sleeper entities spawn, the exclamation point disappears, and I'm stuck on "Activate Rally Point" with no way to cancel the quest.

Additionally, this causes desync to occur everywhere else in the world, with blocks and terrain being breakable / placeable but it doesn't show. This effect is even worse for my buddy, who fell through the map multiple times.

Game Version: A21.1 b16 (Stable)

OS/Version: Windows 10

CPU Model: Intel i7 965 @ 3.2 GHz

System Memory: 24 GB DDR3

GPU Model and VRAM: Nvidia GeForce GTX 680, 2 GB VRAM

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080 @ 60 Hz

Video Settings: Low / Lowest

Gamemode: Singleplayer & Multiplayer (hosted through Steam) on Navezgane

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? No

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes, but only some QoL Modlets which don't affect anything to do with quests, POIs, or traders.

EAC on or off? On.

Bug Description: POI survivor_site_01 NotImplementedException causing broken quest

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Create a Navezgane world

2) Go to Trader Hugh in the North

3) Accept his Tier 1 Clear quest for Camp Carlson (aka survivor_site_01)

4) Press E to activate the quest

5) Error should happen, sleeper entities shouldn't be there, now you're stuck on the quest

Actual result: The quest gets stuck on "Activate Rally Point" and the sleeper entities aren't there.

Expected result: The quest to work as intended.

Link to Pastebin Output Log: 
    https://pastebin.com/QZNNbH7a

NotImplementedException: CopyFrom() not implemented yet
      at TileEntity.CopyFrom (TileEntity _other) [0x00000] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
      at Prefab.CopyIntoLocal (ChunkCluster _cluster, Vector3i _destinationPos, System.Boolean _bOverwriteExistingBlocks, System.Boolean _bSetChunkToRegenerate, FastTags _questTags) [0x004e8] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
      at PrefabInstance.CopyIntoWorld (World _world, System.Boolean _CopyEntities, System.Boolean _bOverwriteExistingBlocks, FastTags _tags) [0x0008a] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
      at PrefabInstance.ResetBlocksAndRebuild (World _world, FastTags questTags) [0x00069] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
      at World+<ResetPOIS>d__340.MoveNext () [0x000c2] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
      at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <4bba812690714c578170328b4ec178d0>:0 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for reporting. 

Did you place any blocks inside the POI area before attempting to activate the quest? 

There is currently an issue that generates that error message when a chest is placed where a sleeper is set to spawn for a quest.

On 8/24/2023 at 6:07 PM, chikorina said:

Thank you for reporting. 

Did you place any blocks inside the POI area before attempting to activate the quest? 

There is currently an issue that generates that error message when a chest is placed where a sleeper is set to spawn for a quest.

That's interesting... Yeah I believe I placed a campfire and a secure storage chest at the security grate campfire thing in the middle of the POI at some point very early on in the world. Good to know it's a known bug!

Forgot to ask - Is there a way to fix it, or is that POI permanently bugged for me now?

4 hours ago, prototype464 said:

That's interesting... Yeah I believe I placed a campfire and a secure storage chest at the security grate campfire thing in the middle of the POI at some point very early on in the world. Good to know it's a known bug!

Forgot to ask - Is there a way to fix it, or is that POI permanently bugged for me now?

Try removing the chest and start quest again maybe?

15 hours ago, NekoPawtato said:

Try removing the chest and start quest again maybe?

The chest got removed when the POI was reset for the quest, I don't really have a way to get rid of it atm unless it's a ghost block or something

45 minutes ago, prototype464 said:

The chest got removed when the POI was reset for the quest, I don't really have a way to get rid of it atm unless it's a ghost block or something

I see, if you are admin or host and comfortable using debug commands, try this

1. Go to the POI (so that the POI name shows up on the top right). Preferably just outside the fence or something
    2. Hit F1, a console should pop up
    3. Type in DM and hit enter to go into debug mode
    4. Type chunkreset f and hit enter. This will reset the POI blocks but not respawn any zombies
    5. Now to fully reset POI, close the console (hit esc), then hit Shift + F6 and it should pull up a menu
    6. Search for test_POIReset and click on it. This will respawn the zombies

To turn off debug mode, just repeat step 2 and 3