• Bow animation bug

OneSki
    • Version: A21.2 (b37)

Summary: (A short description of the bug)
    Bow's firing graphic will randomly aim left of target

Game Version: (A21 b3xx)

OS/Version: Windows 10  (10.0.19045) 64bit

CPU Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (cores: 16)

System Memory: RAM: 32 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER (8 GB)

Screen Resolution: 2560 x 1440

Video Settings: Ultra

Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes/No)

Yes

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No)

Yes

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No)

Yes

Are you using any mods? (Yes/No)

Yes, though it happens without mods too.

EAC on or off?

On

Bug Description:

This doesn’t happen every time, but frequently enough that it’s noticeable and annoying; several times in the 3 hours I’ve played today. Seems to happen when clicking trying to click to draw a new arrow faster than the character’s reload time. The bow’s animation will change so that the bow is pointed to the left, as well as the arrow, but the arrow flight is still directed at the cross hairs. When not drawn back, the bow appears normal. If a new arrow is drawn, it will display to the left again. The only way to reset the animation to display correctly, is to change to another slot in the toolbar, and back to the bow. I captured a screenshot while I was holding the bow at full draw, so you can see what I’m talking about.

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)
    Bow should continue to aim down the sights like it usually does, regardless of how desperately I click to reload.
    Link to Pastebin Output Log:

https://pastebin.com/3PQSv3YW

Screenshot:

https://imgur.com/a/Q6IVUDA

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

If you'd like, I can create a video of it happening and upload the video to YouTube as "unlisted", so it's not searchable and requires the link I'll post in here, in order to be viewed.

There is also another issue with the bow, sometimes when pressing the primary action button, the arrow doesn't get drawn and have to release and repress button

even in the latest exp build, bow animation still doesnt work,
    i mean it does get reloaded, and the animation gets triggered, but a few seconds after the full draw, there seems to be some delay which makes the bow usage feed very uncomfortable, bow would be in the state like in the picture above for a sec or two, when it is already loaded and fully drawn, only after that delay does the animation trigger,

this seems to be quite convenient to reproduce too at my end at least, tried without any mods on clean game install,
    spawn a bow, doesnt matter which one as long as it is a bow, spawn some arrows, and shoot 3-4 arrows one after another fast, and you can see the animation delay on second arrow reload

Just now, asim said:

there is a good change it is not the same issue as i never encountered animation bug until after 325, maybe just didnt notice, the bug was only seen since the exp updates for me at least

41 minutes ago, asim said:

i mean it does get reloaded, and the animation gets triggered, but a few seconds after the full draw, there seems to be some delay which makes the bow usage feed very uncomfortable, bow would be in the state like in the picture above for a sec or two, when it is already loaded and fully drawn, only after that delay does the animation trigger,

this seems to be quite convenient to reproduce too at my end at least, tried without any mods on clean game install,
    spawn a bow, doesnt matter which one as long as it is a bow, spawn some arrows, and shoot 3-4 arrows one after another fast, and you can see the animation delay on second arrow reload

there is a good change it is not the same issue as i never encountered animation bug until after 325, maybe just didnt notice, the bug was only seen since the exp updates for me at least

Wrong place, created another bug report for 1.0