• Player and zombie animations start playing at 1/2 or 1/4 speed. Movement starts stuttering.

jdifran
    • Version: A21b324 stable

Log: https://pastebin.com/iLve8RXz

Summary: After playing for a while (it seems to be related to opening containers, but I'm not 100% sure), player and zombie animations (attacking, reloading, etc.) start playing at 1/2 or 1/4 speed and movement starts stuttering, especially sprinting or using a vehicle.

Game Version: A21 b324 stable

OS/Version: Windows 11

CPU Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10500H CPU @ 2.50GHz   2.50 GHz

System Memory: 16GB

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080 fullscreen

Video Settings: medium, although I've tried fiddling with many settings to see if it fixes this issue

Game mode: both SP and MP, random gen worlds

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Play the game. 

2) Open containers at base or while clearing a POI.

3) Animations (attacking, reloading, etc.) start playing at 1/2 or 1/4 speed, movement starts stuttering (movement is slow but then jumps ahead as if trying to catch up).

Actual result: All player animations and movement, including when using vehicles, seems to run at 1/2 and occasionally 1/4 speed.  The only solution is to exit and restart, but this often means abandoning a quest.  This is not a framerate issue, as I consistently get 30-60 fps.  It is not related to latency (on MP) as I am on a 1 gig fiber connection and pings are usually below 20.  CPU usage is not spiking when this happens.

Expected result:  Animations play at full speed for the entire session.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Is the laptop plugged in while you're playing or is it running on battery? A lot of laptops have a power management setting to throttle CPU while unplugged. If you don't mind could we have the exact model of your laptop? It may be contingent on hardware so I'd like to see if anyone on the team might have the same configuration as you.

Thanks!