Did you validate your files? yes

Are you using any mods? yes

EAC on or off? on

Bug Description: Game crashes computer when trying to load game file

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) continued to try and load the game file through 'continue game'

2) game continued to crash with each attempt

3)

Actual result: when attempting to load a newly created world, game crashes computer

Expected result: game file to load and become playable

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Log file is showing issues with the Dynamic Mesh system.

I've tried several times, but cannot repro this using the Dynamic Mesh settings you have.

Try deleting the contents of the Dynamic Mesh folder and see if that clears it up.
    C:\Users\yoich\AppData\Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/Menage Mountains/Lolipops/DynamicMeshes

I tried doing a complete uninstall and clean reinstall, disabling the dynamic mesh options, and monitored my RAM usage and CPU usage while trying to play and this time I can't even create a random gen world. I get that annoying video tdr failure crash from windows, which I've also atetmpted to fix by going through the Nvidia control panel and changing the physx configuration processor from automatic to Geoforce GTX 1050 and Im still not having any luck with anything. Not sure if I just don't meet the graphic requirements even on low settings, but if that was the case then why would I have a graphics failure on world gen with no preview set, it would make more sense to get that kind of error when trying to play the game if I didn't meet the graphics requirements. 

Anywho long rant, been working on this for a couple days now and still cant seem to find a fix so hopefully yall have some insight. I cant find a benchmark for this game to check requirements against my pc to see if that is really the issue or if maybe something else is going on that I'm just not seeing. Please help! i'd love to be able to paly this game again, I used to be able to play it on this same laptop a couple years back, not sure what might have changed. 

Possible things to try out:

Use the games launcher to clear your settings (alternate tab). Make exceptions in your firewall rules for program folder and data folders below appdata/roaming. Throw out any optimization utilities that change how the GPU is used.

hey thanks for the reply ill give these a try. Im not sure how to do the firewall thing and not sure what you mean by that last part about the gpu. Im not super techy I just figure my way around using google mostly. Would you mind explaining that last part if its not too much trouble?

Also does anyone else have any ideas as to a fix for these issues? Is there a way to check if my graphics card really is not good enough anymore or if something else is going on? I love this game and miss playing it and would hate to miss out on all the fun

Sorry about "firewall" I meant "anti-virus software". Some of them need exceptions for the folders the game uses. And even if you haven't installed anything, you still have Microsoft Defender installed

The last part was **in case** you used special programs that promise to optimize game play. Even nvidia control panel may have a detrimental effect, if possible try to set everything to default if you haven't had that already when the problems started.

schwanz9000 did not complain about your GPU so you should be fine. Though you definitely should set texture size to lowest and turn down settings generally.

Yea I turned everything to low in the graphic settings, and in the control panel everything was set to default when the problems started which is why I set it to run specifically through the geoforce thing, that was suggested through something off google as a fix for the video tdr failure. Still not working though. I managed to finally get a world created somehow, but the game still wont load. Im getting the same crash everytime. Ill try to load it again and post the pastebin. I might have to submit another bug report if I cant get this resolved here.