• Player falls outside of map/radiation zone and can't die

RizeCookie

Summary: Player falling outside map causes player to fall to the bottom of the map and then continue to respawn right above the bottom of the map.

Game Version: A20.5 (b2)

Platform: Steam

OS/Version: Windows 10

CPU Model: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

System Memory: 32 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: Nvidia RTX 2070 Super 8 GB

Screen Resolution: 2560x1440 px

Video Settings: Custom

Game mode: MP client

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? No

Did you validate your files? No

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description:

Falling outside map border, past the radiation zone, causes player to fall to the bottom of the map, and then continue to respawn right above the bottom of the map in an infinite loop.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Play on the world Navezgane

2) Reach the border off the map while surviving radiation (I didn't receive any radiation damage here).

3) Jump to the outside of the map border.

4) Fall outside the map.

Actual result

The player falls to the clear bottom of the map without receiving any fall damage. The player then respawns ~1 block above the clear bottom and falls again, then respawns ~1 block above the bottom again and repeats forever. meanwhile the player received no radiation damage or fall damage. Due to the fast repeating respawning, the player is unable to keep the menu (Ecs key) or other menues (e.g. Tab) open, as these will reset, forcing the player to close the game through Steam or Windows. No option to contact server admin available.

Expected result

The Player either:

* Respawns within the actual map, on the ground in the radiated zone.

* Continously receives fall damage and/or radiation damage killing the player in (short) time.

* Enter the Esc key and select a Kill option (and a similar F1 console command) to kill the player, assuming the Esc key overlay doesn't disappear when repawning as currently.

Example output log:

https://pastebin.com/TrAiumYM (deletes in 180 days from 2022-07-18)

Screenshot:

Image: https://imgur.com/a/SET60nU

CSV: https://pastebin.com/TsF3UMdm (deletes in 180 days from 2022-07-18)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I had a treasure map quest there which apparently was at the border of the map, which I realized when I started to fall. I'm rather new to the game.

For me, the fix is to get out of the seemingly infinite loop, that I'm stuck in right now and may happen to others (including being stuck in a deep hole with broken bones).

Just tested this, and can not reproduce. The radiation should kill you long before you can reach the edge of the map. Also tried teleporting to the location of your screenshot and died very quickly from the radiation even with max stats and max hp. The radiation symbol is showing on your screenshot, so you should be taking damage.

On 7/19/2022 at 10:23 AM, 3ternalDamned said:

Just tested this, and can not reproduce. The radiation should kill you long before you can reach the edge of the map. Also tried teleporting to the location of your screenshot and died very quickly from the radiation even with max stats and max hp. The radiation symbol is showing on your screenshot, so you should be taking damage.

I noticed they said they were playing on a MP server -- is this possible due to server-side modifications? I found a thread that detailed how/what to edit in the files to remove radiation damage but still have icon (near the bottom of the OP's post) -- which might explain why they aren't dying but still have the icon (and could explain why this could happen to them even though they have no mods on their local machine).

The only way I can think of for them to get unstuck would be for an admin of the server to teleport them out

I was able to get unstuck by having a friend fall down to me and throw molotovs on me so I died by fire damage (no damage setting between players), my friend then glitches back to the map.

My other option was to starve to death.

6 hours ago, RizeCookie said:

I was able to get unstuck by having a friend fall down to me and throw molotovs on me so I died by fire damage (no damage setting between players), my friend then glitches back to the map.

My other option was to starve to death.

Yeah having No Killing on will have some unwanted side effects. Some things are being looked at/talked about.

You can also teleportplayer 

1 minute ago, Jugginator said:

Yeah having No Killing on will have some unwanted side effects. Some things are being looked at/talked about.

You can also teleportplayer 

I was continuously teleported to ~1 m above the bottom of the outside area. Would the command teleportplayer have worked in that case as a non-admin?

11 minutes ago, RizeCookie said:

I was continuously teleported to ~1 m above the bottom of the outside area. Would the command teleportplayer have worked in that case as a non-admin?

Ah yeah you'll need someone with admin rights. There's tp and teleportplayer. tp teleports yourself, e.g. tp 100 100 100 or teleportplayer jugginator RizeCookie which will teleport me to you.