• Leather Armor recipes do not show in the workbench unless specifically searched for

Khissi

Summary: (a short description of the bug)

Game Version: A20 experimental

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows

CPU Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

System Memory: 32768MB RAM

GPU Model and VRAM: Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics

Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)

Video Settings: Custom, none relevant

Game mode:  SP

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes, Khaine's Craft Queue, Lockable Slots, Food/Water

EAC off

Bug Description: When attempting to make some leather armor, I noticed that I could not find the leather armor recipes just by clicking on the armor tab either in my inventory OR in the workbench.  I should have been able to see those recipes in the workbench since, once I searched for them by typing in Leather in the search tab while in inventory, they popped up and showed the workbench was required.  I checked the workbench again, yet could not see them until I did another search within the workbench, using the word 'leather'.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Have leather, duct tape, sewing kits in your inventory

2) Approach the workbench and click on the ARMOR tab

3) Look for Leather Armor recipes

4) Do a search by clicking into the search window while in the workbench.  Type in the word 'leather' and the recipes will appear.

Actual result: Paging through the armor recipes will show you Plant Fiber, Cloth, Scrap armor and more, but you will not find Leather Armor recipes unless you input the word 'leather' into the search window.

Expected result: I expected to find Leather Armor recipes just by clicking on the Armor tab while in the workbench.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

if you look through the workbench you will find that there are 1,000s other things that are not showing such as even iron armor. all other tabs will have same results, there are some things showing up by default and a lot of other things that wont show up until you search for it.

i will ask about this but i have a feeling that performance may be the issue (may be wrong) but will find out.

Thanks  :)
    QA Tester-unholyjoe

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

ok so after some discussion about this, while this seems to be a PIA, at least the recipes are found in a search. the other side of the coin is.... in a21 (hopefully), the new clothing/armor change will greatly change this anyways.

so the best thing is, the workbench is usable as its intended and best not to break it for something that will change in future feature rework.

either way i will place this in WIP as it will be addressed at a future time.

Thanks  :)
    QA Tester-unholyjoe