• Quests restart if game is closed or crashes during one.

MajorPoison

multiple times now, my game has crashed or willingly closed mid-quest, and every time i restart my game, the quest marker says "activate waypoint" again instead of being mid-quest. is there any way that this could be fixed in future updates?

Steps to recreate:

1: take a trader quest and head to the waypoint.

2: start the quest and make progress into it(more common during longer quests)

3: exit the game via ESC menu or crash

4: restart the game and world. upon reload, the quest marker icon should say "activate waypoint" instead of show quest progress.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I am sorry that your PC crashed multiple times,  but unfortunately,  this is the intended design for trader quests at this time.  If you feel that the the design should be changed,  please try mentioning it in the general discussion section.

This is not a bug,  so I will be moving it to the Not a Bug category.

12 hours ago, chikorina said:

I am sorry that your PC crashed multiple times, but unfortunately, this is the intended design for trader quests at this time.  If you feel that the the design should be changed, please try mentioning it in the general discussion section.

This is not a bug, so I will be moving it to the Not a Bug category.

i feel like it's super abusable. you could loot a place, start the quest, loot it again except for the objective, quit, restart, restart the quest, and reloot the place for infinite loot.

On 2/2/2022 at 5:30 PM, MajorPoison said:

i feel like it's super abusable. you could loot a place, start the quest, loot it again except for the objective, quit, restart, restart the quest, and reloot the place for infinite loot.

Sort of. It's been talked about but mostly it's not really considering abusing since you could just loot POI's right next to it for the same time. It seems exploity, but when you think about it it's not really that big of a benefit.

On 2/3/2022 at 7:57 PM, Jugginator said:

Sort of. It's been talked about but mostly it's not really considering abusing since you could just loot POI's right next to it for the same time. It seems exploity, but when you think about it it's not really that big of a benefit.

if it's at a place that can generate with a thing you're looking for, like a specific book, then you can just grind for it.