• A20 crashes and no crash reports created

Klear

Summary: Game began crashing after update to A20. Was hosting a MP game with myself and another player logged in. Noticed ram usage was at 90%+ of the 16GB at the time and the game would crash and also crash the computer putting it into a restart. Upgraded the system to 32GB of ram and the game took longer to crash but eventually still did. It did not however crash my computer now only the game. Next tried playing the game as a client instead of the host and the game still crashes after a few minutes. It appears after each crash the next crash happens quicker. Have cleaned all the previous game versions files, validated the game, reinstalled the game, forced DX10, and tried updating and rolling back graphics drivers. None of these have fixed the crashing. Have never had any issues with older versions of the game, A19 worked perfectly every time. Have included the latest output log at the bottom; it says a crash report has been generated every time but they are not in the location it suggests and I have been unable to find them elsewhere.

Game Version: A20 b238

Platform: PC

OS/Version: WIN 10

CPU Model: Ryzen 7 5800x

System Memory: 16GB then on 32GB after upgrade

GPU Model and VRAM: 6700XT 12gb

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

Video Settings: High/Ultra

Game mode: MP host and MP Client

Did you wipe old saves? YES

Did you start a new game? YES

Did you validate your files? YES

Are you using any mods? NO

EAC on or off? ON

https://pastebin.com/EBS50nVH

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

9 hours ago, Yurermes said:

Not sure if it is the same, but when joining a friend on MP session, the game just closes after every few min in A20.1

I think it's different but i got the SAME DAMN PROBLEM...

@Klear Can you provide the Unity crash log please? It will be located at [USER]\AppData\Local\Temp\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die\Crashes. Thanks.

On 1/19/2022 at 6:21 PM, Yurermes said:

Not sure if it is the same, but when joining a friend on MP session, the game just closes after every few min in A20.1

Can you post your output logs/crash dumps please? Kindly refer to above posts for reference. Thank you!

I have a similar problem but it is different. So when I am joining a world I have created the computer will sometimes crash randomly. It have a high end rig (as in 2 grand building the tower) and have tried lowering the settings. Tried directX launch fix and motion blur one. Could not get the steamcmd to work the 32 ver so I decided to come here. The difference is that this crash only happens before I get into the game every time it happens. Never any problem during the game even playing for hours. Also the file path listed above does not exist for me (I am guess because the game itself never crashes (I think) it just causes my computer to crash. What bugs me is it seems random. I do not have an image because I am not aware of how to give a URL of a picture I have taken and don't have the time to search how at the moment.

On 1/26/2022 at 5:04 PM, Yumeria said:

I have a similar problem but it is different. So when I am joining a world I have created the computer will sometimes crash randomly. It have a high end rig (as in 2 grand building the tower) and have tried lowering the settings. Tried directX launch fix and motion blur one. Could not get the steamcmd to work the 32 ver so I decided to come here. The difference is that this crash only happens before I get into the game every time it happens. Never any problem during the game even playing for hours. Also the file path listed above does not exist for me (I am guess because the game itself never crashes (I think) it just causes my computer to crash. What bugs me is it seems random. I do not have an image because I am not aware of how to give a URL of a picture I have taken and don't have the time to search how at the moment.

If you have a different problem please create a new report for your issue. Use the template in the big red banner link to properly format it, please.

On 1/25/2022 at 6:53 PM, TSBX said:

@Klear Can you provide the Unity crash log please? It will be located at [USER]\AppData\Local\Temp\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die\Crashes. Thanks.

Can you post your output logs/crash dumps please? Kindly refer to above posts for reference. Thank you!

the game is not creating crash logs so I cannot post them. That folder doesn't exist on my computer. It has the fun pimps folder and 7 days but no crash folder