• Can not create a player profile

panther

Sorry for my previous report, i did not read before reporting text xd

Summary: error showing up after trying to create a player profile, deleting files, validating game, then another error shows up

Game Version: A20.4 b42

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows

CPU Model: Intel i5 8500

System Memory: 16 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia GTX 1050 2gb

Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Video Settings: Medium

Game mode: RWG

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: When i tried creating a player profile in options, error showed up:"EXC IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array." and i had to ALT+4 the game. Then i deleted player profiles files, validated my files and tried again. Now i could click on player profiles, but then when i wanted to create a profile another errors showed up: "ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'archetypes': "  and  "EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object". I reinstalled the game twice, tried everything.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1)Click on options

2)Click on player profiles

3)You have the error
    4)Delete player profiles from files
    5)Validate your files
    6)Start game, click on options>player profiles

7)Click on create, put in a name, click create again
    😎There is the second bug

Actual result: I cant play a game, because when i start a game, just before joining, the console keeps saying error: "EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" , i suppose it is because of not having a player profile.

Expected result: I just want to play the game xd

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for reporting.

I just tried your repro steps,  and did not get the error.

Please post your full output log on paste bin so we can try to pinpoint the reason why you are having this issue.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:37 PM, chikorina said:

Thank you for reporting.

I just tried your repro steps,  and did not get the error.

Please post your full output log on paste bin so we can try to pinpoint the reason why you are having this issue.

Hello, here is the output log https://pastebin.com/Nmg6MhAS

2 minutes ago, chikorina said:

Thank you for the log.

I was wondering,  you said that you deleted your player profile.  Did you use the game launcher tool to do that?  

Well, yeah i did, but i also tried many other ways to delete all the files manually

Let's make sure you actually have a clean slate. Backup any games you wish to save from Appdata and put them somewhere else, like on your desktop. Then:

1. Navigate to your main game installation folder
    2. Open the launcher executable
    3. Click Tools, Clean game data, make sure ALL of the boxes are checked as in this picture:unknown.png

Here is a video if you prefer a visual walkthrough (it does cover a bit more).

After that, verify the file integrity TWICE through Steam to ensure it catches any invalid files (sometimes it doesn't do it right on the first try). Three times to be sure.

I am not able to reproduce this issue.  I am able to open player profile option without getting any error and am able to create new player profiles.  Please give me a bit more information to help me reproduce the issue.

1 - Have you ever been able to create a player profile in other versions of the game?  Have you ever been able to play the game?

2 - If you have been able to create a player profile before,  what was the reason for trying to create a new one?  

3 - You said that you get errors when joining a game,  were you able to play in that game before? 

16 hours ago, chikorina said:

I am not able to reproduce this issue.  I am able to open player profile option without getting any error and am able to create new player profiles.  Please give me a bit more information to help me reproduce the issue.

1 - Have you ever been able to create a player profile in other versions of the game?  Have you ever been able to play the game?

2 - If you have been able to create a player profile before,  what was the reason for trying to create a new one?  

3 - You said that you get errors when joining a game,  were you able to play in that game before? 

Ok, so let me be clear. Yes, i have played over 300 hours without having any issues related to player profiles.

This time, me and my friend wanted to start a new world because we wanted to play the new Alpha 20. We installed some mods, started the game and went straight to create a new world. I DID have same player profile since i bought this game, so i never tried to make a new one. But one thing happened. When i started a new world, everything went good, i had my console open, loading finished, everything was ready, but when it came to joining into the world, bunch of errors came up in console" "EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
    We had this problem once before but not the same situation, so i figured that it had something to do with player profiles. So, i went and tried to create a new player profile. All those errors i wrote about showed up. We instantly went on internet and searched for other people with same issues.
    Then, I deleted all the mods. We found that i could try and delete the files through game launcher or i could even do that manually. So i did it every way, and every time i did it, i also validated my files. But it still didnt work.

So i reinstalled the whole game, i deleted every single file i could find in my computer related to 7 days to die. But sadly, it still didnt work and same problem appeared every single time. BTW my friend had same mods installed, but he never got the same issues i did.

And my conclusion is: I can not join into the game because i dont have a player profile created. But the funny thing is, i never deleted the one i created when i first bought the game. So, i think game somehow deleted my original player profiles and i can not join into the game. So i have to somehow create a player profile. 

I can provide you all the mods we tried to use. If you have any questions, or you cant understand something, feel free to ask me. Thanks for your help

19 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Let's make sure you actually have a clean slate. Backup any games you wish to save from Appdata and put them somewhere else, like on your desktop. Then:

1. Navigate to your main game installation folder
    2. Open the launcher executable
    3. Click Tools, Clean game data, make sure ALL of the boxes are checked as in this picture:unknown.png

Here is a video if you prefer a visual walkthrough (it does cover a bit more).

After that, verify the file integrity TWICE through Steam to ensure it catches any invalid files (sometimes it doesn't do it right on the first try). Three times to be sure.

Ok guys update. I tried this method, and it actually worked so thank you so much bro i thought i wont play this game again xdd. I will keep you guys updated if something went wrong or everything is going good