• Chunkreset makes exit switches inoperable

NekoPawtato

Summary: Doing a chunkreset command will cause the switches in loot rooms to glitch out and be inoperable

Game Version: Alpha 20.2 b2

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 10

CPU Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz

System Memory: 8GB

GPU Model and VRAM: AMD Radeon R9 M275X (4075MB?)

Screen Resolution: 1280x720

Video Settings: Potato (Low)

Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? Not since A20.0

Did you start a new game? Not since A20.1

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? Off

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Go to a POI that has a switch that allows quick exit (ex: farm_04 garage door near final boss area)

2) Observe switch in all its amazing switchy-ness, currently has orange light and has prompt to interact with it when you hover over it

3) Hit F1

4) Enter command "chunkreset f"

Actual result: The switch comes back but is now inoperable (no lights and does not give you prompt to interact). I also tried "chunkreset d" but it did not fix it.

Before reset:

v9fMzEz.jpg

After reset:

JDaTIZt.jpeg

Expected result: Switch should still be operable

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

6 minutes ago, TSBX said:

Is there a good vanilla use case where this becomes a gameplay problem?

I am not sure how common this use case would be, but I was thinking perhaps if someone was having map issues like floating/missing blocks they may try to troubleshoot using chunkreset to reset a region. And then later if they have a quest in that area and decide to double loot it (i.e. loot once, then start quest and loot again), they will have a hard time exiting the area on their first runthrough.

Or possibly in a very active MP server an admin may want to reset all the loot in a certain area or city without necessarily making everyone start a new game from scratch. Anyone who tries to loot the POIs later without activating a quest may have a hard time getting out.

Correction, for MP server, I mean reset all the POIs in a certain area or city. Since I know there's a lootrespawn setting that can reset the loot, but it won't reset any missing blocks, player placed blocks/nerdpoles, or loot that gets "destroyed" once you open them like ammo piles.

I'll look into this further. For the time being, using test_POIReset under the Twitch Game Events Menu (Shift+F6) does seem to reset the switches properly, at least in SP.

2 hours ago, TSBX said:

I'll look into this further. For the time being, using test_POIReset under the Twitch Game Events Menu (Shift+F6) does seem to reset the switches properly, at least in SP.

EDIT: Switches NOT triggered by generators are unaffected (Key racks included).

Your mileage may vary, the test_POIReset command doesn't appear to be working in my second round of testing.

Edited by TSBX (see edit history)