• Sometimes strange rendering of one of the buildings in rwg_tile_oldwest_cap

NekoPawtato

Summary: In rare cases, one of the small buildings in rwg_tile_oldwest_cap will have rendering issues

Game Version: Alpha 20.3 b3

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 10

CPU Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz

System Memory: 8GB

GPU Model and VRAM: AMD Radeon R9 M275X (4075MB?)

Screen Resolution: 1280x720

Video Settings: Potato (Lowest)

Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? Not since A20.0

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Go to rwg_tile_oldwest_cap

2) I'm not sure the name of the exact building, as the entire place is just called rwg_tile_oldwest_cap. It's basically a tiny shed with a box inside that sometimes has a snake on top of the box (and there is a wagon next to the shed)

yoFIPNi.png

3) While facing the door, exit the game

4) Log back into the game

Actual result: See video below. Note that this is a weird bug as I cannot get this to happen to all instances of this POI. Of the 4-5 copies I had in my world, only 1 of them would do this consistently when I logged off and back on. Sometimes I can get this to happen if I teleport far away and then teleport back to it, but it's hard to do consistently because sometimes it won't happen, or sometimes it will only happen for 5 seconds and render properly again.

In the video I had just logged on and the POI was showing the weird rendering issue. I tried to teleport to a different one and you could see it was also having issues, but very briefly as it fixed itself once I opened the door.

https://imgur.com/a/PTbUm8u

Pretty much most of my graphics settings are set to low or off. Dynamic mesh in this case is set to off (not sure what other settings might be relevant here?)

Expected result: Show the POI properly?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, chikorina said:

I used the same version and map used in the report, but was not able to repro this issue.

Thanks for trying anyway. I guess it's a hardware issue then, I would consider my laptop on the lower-end of the performance spectrum when it comes to 7days, and it's nearing almost 7 years old. 😅