• Generator missing engines, fuel, and wiring after login. Inconsistent.

noirsake

I have had an issue appear twice now where upon logging into my saved game my generator is not working. I can't recall what I was doing before I logged out but I know I didn't mess with my electrical system that session besides flipping switches and turning lights off manually. I'd try to recreate, but I have no desire to keep restarting my game lmao. 

I always Alt-F4 the game when I'm done. I always log out at my home base that has a land claim block. 

The generator had 2 engines and nearly full tank of gas. All wires were disconnected. It is oriented to be standing on its' side.

I probably wont check on this post again, but just wanted to do my part.

Thanks Devs! ❤️

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

"I always Alt-F4 the game when I'm done. "

This is probably the issue. The power.dat file which keeps your electric data is open and constantly writing. When you Alt-F4, (which essentially crashes the game), to exit, the power.dat file doesn't have a chance to close and is corrupted. Thus losing all your electric data.

My advice is to not use Alt-F4 to close the game or this will likely keep happening.

5 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

"I always Alt-F4 the game when I'm done. "

This is probably the issue. The power.dat file which keeps your electric data is open and constantly writing. When you Alt-F4, (which essentially crashes the game), to exit, the power.dat file doesn't have a chance to close and is corrupted. Thus losing all your electric data.

My advice is to not use Alt-F4 to close the game or this will likely keep happening.

You are amazing. I will stop using Alt-F4 and exit like a normal person would. 

i tested this in a20.1 and a21 and can not get this issue (closing game normally by hitting ESC)

moving this to "cant repro for now"

Thanks  :)
    QA Tester-unholyjoe