• CANT OPEN ANY LOOT OR CONTAINER INVENTORY/when i talk to merchant to see his inventory my game keeps focused on him but nothing pops up

legion2242

Game Version: (ALPHA 20.6)

Platform: ( XBOX CLIENT gamepass)

OS/Version: (Windows 10)

CPU Model: (i5 10400)

System Memory: (32 GB)

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 2060)

Screen Resolution: (1920 x 1080)

Video Settings: (Medium customized)

Game mode: (joined dedicated vanilla server named :Delivrance fr)

Did you wipe old saves? (No)

Did you start a new game? (No)

Did you validate your files? (No)

Are you using any mods? (No)

EAC on or off? (ON)

Bug Description: after talking to merchant my camera STAYS ZOOM and i had to rejoin the server to fix it...after i joined i cant open any loot or container
    ALSO WHEN I TALK TO MERCHANT FOR HIS INVENTORY AFTER THAT THE CAMERA KEEP ZOOMING ON HIM AND I CANT TURN AWAY IM FORCED TO LOOK AT HIM WHILE I CAN WALK AWAY FROM HIM. ONLY WHEN I AIM I CAN LOOK ANOTHER DIRECTION
    THIS PROBLEM IS ONLY FOR THAT ONE SERVER ALL OTHER SERVERS ARE GOOD WITHOUT PROBLEMS LIKE THAT SO ITS A SERVER BUG
    i can even hold E to manage containers but cant access the inventory

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) camera stay zoom after i talk to trader/merchant

2) i rejoin server and now i cant open any inventory (boxed and etc...containers)

3) also after that...when i talk to trader im stuck on the zoom until i die or rejoin server

Actual result: (cant loot or open chests or trade with trader)

Expected result: (that maybe it gets fixed with server reboot but its not my served and is dedicated so i cant help it and my time is wasted)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Game Version: (ALPHA 20.6)

Platform: ( XBOX CLIENT gamepass)

OS/Version: (Windows 10)

I dont know whats real anymore.

Does xbox run on windows10? Does 7 days to die run not just on steam for windows? Was gaming console client updated to A20.6?

bro 7 days to die is on gamepass so i can play it on pc which is normal
    yes its not only on steam but also in xbox client for pc as well and yes it is up do date to A20.6
    not sure about the console but it did receive on update a few days ago
    its a new a game ofc it runs on windows 10 but i dont think my problem is related to that since its actually a server issue and im fine on other servers

ofc its on PC you can literally play over 100 games with a couple of bucks for a year or 2 month with EA game pass as well and there some really good franchise on there
    sadly the app sometimes bothers you a lot specially with game services app issue
    i had to Redownload all my games after updating the app
    its not as smooth as steam but it is a very very good deal give it a try feels like free legit games

1. the link above leads you to the page on how and what to report.
    2. wheres the beef (like output log of client and or server)
    3. but per #2... if it happens on a specific server, then the issue is obviously with that server and not a bug in the game. (you will need to deal with the server owner on this)

good luck and let us know what the issue was and how it is fixed (if they fix it)

i will place this in the cant repro thread as you have already stated it only happens on one server.

Thanks  :)
    QA Tester-unholyjoe

Usually it means your player information on the servers savegame was damaged. You likely have to contact the server owner to delete your profile and start anew on that server.

PS: The correct answer to "Platform:" would be "PC" in your case, that is why Diabolico was confused.

On 9/28/2022 at 5:24 PM, unholyjoe said:

1. the link above leads you to the page on how and what to report.
    2. wheres the beef (like output log of client and or server)
    3. but per #2... if it happens on a specific server, then the issue is obviously with that server and not a bug in the game. (you will need to deal with the server owner on this)

good luck and let us know what the issue was and how it is fixed (if they fix it)

i will place this in the cant repro thread as you have already stated it only happens on one server.

Thanks  :)
    QA Tester-unholyjoe

thank you
    the link isnt showing up for me. but yes its a server issue yet also is about the game that im getting bugged on trader and inventory like this
    my friend also had this issue with his own game and reboot didnt help at all
    i just started on another server hoping it wont happen
    how can i contact the server owner there is no information give on the server status