• [A20 b238] Zeds freeze and vehicles sink into the ground

SylenThunder

Summary: Zombies stop moving or attacking. Riding a vehicle into a previously unloaded chunk causes it to slowly sink into the ground.

Game Version: A20 b238

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Ubuntu Linux 20.04

CPU Model: Intel Xeon X5675

System Memory: 96 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: N/A

Screen Resolution: N/A

Video Settings: N/A

Game mode: Client on dedi, RWG

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? Yes

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description: Zombies stop moving or attacking. Upon death they despawn almost instantly. Riding a vehicle into a previously unloaded chunk causes it to slowly sink into the ground. If you get off of the vehicle at this point, you fall through the earth until you are teleported to the surface. At which point your view is stuck looking upwards. When I tested this, I also lost the ability to enter God mode.  Re-logging fixes the character view, and the vehicle spawns to the surface.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Not really sure on how to reproduce. I've seen a number of reports on this on the forums, but was unable to locate any existing report. Server has been running fine since Stable released, and only just started doing this today. Restarting the server seems to have at least temporarily resolved the issue. Will update further if more data is found.

Actual result: Chaos

Expected result: Less chaos?

Server log: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z8tm2Blad6TgbKLBxF40Qnpk--fVchYfu-IZQZnit38/edit?usp=sharing

Client log: https://pastebin.com/raw/H0FJvA5w

In this log the issue started somewhere between three and four am. When I logged in to check it, I saw the wandering horde spawn in frozen at , and had the issue with the vehicle at around 8:29

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have similar problem! I was on a bicycle, there was an invisible block despite road being clear - i couldnt move forward, but I kept pushing. This caused me to sink into the ground with my bike and I couldnt do anything!! So I had to forcefully end the game. But now, the games gets stuck on "loading environment screen" 20, 30 etc minutes - doesnt matter! I cant load! I verified files, I reinstalled - it seems like that character profile is permanently inaccessible. I was playing by myself on my own made server, meaning unless I can get back in - all progress is lost !!, please fix

march 2nd dont have the exact time, somewhere between 9 and 11 am eastern :( 

1 minute ago, Jugginator said:

May have to play with the previously unloaded chunks part, but have you seen it lately?

Interestingly, I have not seen it since 20.2 for sure. I cannot recall if it occurred in 20.1 though.