• [A20 b238] There's a Small Oak tree 01 that can spawn as a container in RWG. The chance is low. Once you open it, you get a console error.

Blake_

Summary: There's a Small Oak tree 01 that can spawn as a container in RWG. The chance is low. Once you open it, you get a console error. 

CLUE: This bug was introduced at the beginning of this year along with another  "dead tree" that was searchable too. It was back-ported to a19.4-.6 too.

Game Version: A20 (From ~A19.4 to A20 b238)

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows.

Game mode: ALL.

Did you wipe old saves? Yes. 

Did you start a new game? Yes.

Did you validate your files? Yes.

Are you using any mods? No, never.

EAC on or off? EAC off and Gamesparks off.

Bug Description: 

There's a Small Oak tree 01 that can spawn as a container in RWG. The chance is low. Once you open it, you get a console error. 

CLUE: This bug was introduced at the beginning of this year along with another  "dead tree" that was searchable too. It was back-ported to a19.4-.6 too.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) I recommend just looking for the issue in the game files, ( stamps/code, tree generation maybe?), because it was at the beginning of a20 (issue was backported to a19.4 and above). If you generate a 10k map and go looking for it you have maybe 1 in 1000 chance of finding a tree like that LOL, as the generation chance is low. Except when you are enjoying the game, then it's a 1000% chance of finding it in a 100 hour play session.

These are a couple screenshots so you can see what you are looking for.  I haven't played the game in more than a week and builds come out like crazy, so I have to post this before it gets buried, as it isn't fixed yet.

Be aware that these screenshots are from a fully wiped 7dtd back in the b218 version, so the bug is still here in b238. It's just that I haven't had the time to report anything these days.

Spoiler

20211215164258_1.thumb.jpg.2b31a9abff4632448faa669c89ce269a.jpg

20211215164307_1.thumb.jpg.8a38ed108863b57b9af87952aed7f805.jpg

Actual result:

There's a Small Oak tree 01 that can spawn as a container in RWG. The chance is low. Once you open it, you get a console error. 

Expected result: Small Oak tree 01 shouldn't spawn as a container in RWG in a20 and produce an error. It's a cool theoretical feature though. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I found the issue again today in a clean game of b238 (full uninstall with full wipe of C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie), I managed to F11 the block. It is indeed Small Tree 01 and for some reason there's a chance that one of them is a bugged container, like in these screenshots. The seed doesn't matter, as the next time the map is generated, that specific tree might be ok, so that points to something in the code. 

7dtdtreebug.thumb.jpg.1bcdf99f3534bfc59e48925293272833.jpg

7dtd_tree.thumb.png.3c6c6461fbf867c39f1ba419050f2f06.png