• NullReferenceException during startup Creating Player phase

Runis86

Updated game and nVidia driver before starting game.

Game crashes during "Creating player" phase during game start up.

Logfile:

https://pastebin.com/PDcX6FKC

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

We will be needing more information from to to determine the issue, but it looks like your player profile is corrupted.  

Please read the pinned post on what information we will be needing from you.

Try deleting the TTP file in your Player folder in your in your Saves,  and renaming the BAK file to TTP to see if the backup is still intact.  If you still have the issue,  you would have to clear your player profile through the launcher by selecting the Tools tab on your game launcher.  Select Clean game data,  check Player profiles and Clean.  This will delete all progression and reset your character,  so I hope your backup is still intact.

Edited by chikorina (see edit history)

Looking into both TTP and BAK files with notepad++ they both looked the same. Nevertheless I did what you recommended but problem persisted so I went for Clean of Player profiles. But now i get the following error. 

https://pastebin.com/mFSaBwUv

It happens when I select my saved game and press continue. At that point the game wants me to create a player and when I press a character from the list this problem occurs. 

Will there be a way to somewhat "cheat" your way back to where I were if I kind off remember my player stats when this is solved? Or is my construction at home base and all my stuff gone also?

Have you deleted all your files on the server?  The .TTP,  the .MAP,  and the .TTP.BAK?

Please try deleting all those and try connecting.

Once you are able to log in again,  you could turn on creative mode,  and get all the items you lost from there.  For the xp you lost,  you can turn on debug mode and use the command 'giveselfxp xxxxxx'  (xp amount in the xxxxxx).

Am I allowed to piggy-back bug report? If not, feel free to either move or let me know and I will move/create a new thread.

I have the same issue playing on Steam, however, I only get it when loading into my friend's game and not when I load into my own. Another friend of ours also loads into that game fine, it's just me that is having an issue. The friend who runs this game has reset the game from an old save and it's still giving the error once I hit the creating player portion of the load in. We are all playing on the new 20.5.

https://pastebin.com/kRmHfCJT

Thanks for the help in advance!

This is an issue of corrupted player profiles; the causations could be one or more of numerous reasons. You can try deleting your local files in your saveslocal in appdata if you're connecting to someone else, reverifying your files TWICE in a row, or simply removing your game saves (which will wipe them of course, but you can just move the entire Appdata/roaming/7daystodie saves/worlds folders somewhere else and then try again.