• Explosions can damage non-exposed blocks

NekoPawtato

Summary: Not sure if bug or not, but I noticed explosions such as dynamite and demolisher bomb can damage blocks that are not exposed from the angle the explosion occurred

Game Version: Alpha 20.3 b3

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 10

CPU Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz

System Memory: 8GB

GPU Model and VRAM: AMD Radeon R9 M275X (4075MB?)

Screen Resolution: 1280x720

Video Settings: Potato (Lowest)

Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? Not since A20.0

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? On

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Create a 5 x 5 block of steel, except for outside edges/corners that are not visible from inside, use frame blocks for those

2) Go inside the 5x5 block (either clip into it or make a small hatch somewhere)

3) Look inside, observe no frame blocks are visible from inside, it's all steel

4) Set off dynamite or demolisher inside

Actual result: Entire structure except the bottom steel pieces collapses

video: https://imgur.com/a/vJSlepP

Expected result: Because the frame blocks are not exposed/visible from inside the structure, I would have expected those blocks to not take damage

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Explosions, if they are defined with explosion radius bigger that the distance to the wall in question, usually damage blocks in the second raw. The damage is far less than that for the first raw, but not null.

I have the impression that the filling of the volume, expressed in the block definitions as "opacity", has no influence on that ration of damage (first to second raw). Maybe the Funpimps could make this dependent on the opacity?

42 minutes ago, White-Gandalf said:

Explosions, if they are defined with explosion radius bigger that the distance to the wall in question, usually damage blocks in the second raw. The damage is far less than that for the first raw, but not null.

But I found the non-exposed blocks only take damage if they are around edges/corners. If i repeat the same experiment, but make it completely out of steel, and then cover that entire cube on the outside with wood frame blocks, the explosions do no damage to the wood frame blocks, even though the wood frame blocks are technically on the 2nd row

Here's my test where i covered the steel box with wood frame, the frames take no dmg in the end. I removed some frames near the end of the video to show that the steel block in the edge still takes damage

https://imgur.com/a/i4bdGLD