• Version: V1.0(b333)

New Clean PS5

SSD

No HDR

Pregen08k1

Multiplayer

4k 120 Hdr TCL

Party Shared Kill Range 10000M

This game has extreme frame issues in big towns, freezes when opening chests, stutters when the dismemberment of zombie activates, and overall has poor fps issues all across the board.

This is not only from me but my buddy who also has a fairly new ps5.

There is almost nothing i can do to fix the issues and it seems like this game needs further optimization yet people on discord tell me it will never happen because of how demanding the game is. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yes. 7 Days to Die is a very demanding voxel game.
    Every 1m cube of the world is fully destructible (excluding trader areas).
    An 8K world is 8192 meters long x 8192 meters wide x 256 meters tall = 17,179,869,184 blocks (including air)
    Each block has data such position, rotation, material, texture, health, and many others.

We will continue optimization efforts to improve the player experience as much as possible.
    The team already has a few ideas they are currently working on.

Thank you for the feedback!

Moving this issue to WIP for now.

Guest 7 Frames To Die

Posted

On 7/31/2024 at 5:30 AM, schwanz9000 said:

Yes. 7 Days to Die is a very demanding voxel game.
    An 8K world is 8192 meters long x 8192 meters wide x 256 meters tall = 17,179,869,184 blocks (including air)
    Each block has data such position, rotation, material, texture, health, and many others.

We will continue optimization efforts to improve the player experience as much as possible.
    The team already has a few ideas they are currently working on.

Thank you for the feedback!

Moving this issue to WIP for now.

On 7/31/2024 at 5:30 AM, schwanz9000 said:Yes. 7 Days to Die is a very demanding voxel game.

We will continue optimization efforts to improve 

brand new ps5. Got last month. Smallest world spawn turned off dynamic audio, turned on network workaround. STILL runs at 15 frames MAX. The issue is this game was built for pc and you guys released a poor pc port that hardly runs. DON’T use helicopters in this game at ALL. I’ve had 4 game crashes because of them and every single time I have LOST the helicopter. I truly do love this game and the aesthetic but I WILL NOT play it until this game does receive some MAJOR performance/optimization fixes. Please address it for PS5 too not just Xbox series X/S, that was a dumb hot fix. Next time include ALL consoles. Thank you

Yeah this is pretty bad. What makes it worse is that I actually own it on PC as well. The game plays beautifully on my pc. I'm talking steady 75 plus FPS in the big cities with a bazillion zombies around. I purchased the console version, one, to play with some friends, and the other because I don't mind buying it twice to support this game. But it really really needs to be fixed on console. This is just a game that is a hundred times more fun with a nice smooth fps.

For reference, my PC has a 3080 ti, with the 5800 x3d processor.

Hard to swallow that I paid as much as I did for over a decade old game to have this poor of playability. Tier 5 quests and any multiplayer after tier 3 is unplayable on my ps5. I’ve hit a bug here and there and still love this game, but now that I’m deep in and really loving it I’m hit w complete unplayability from the lag and frame rate issues. Please someone tackle this asap so I can convince my friends buy it on ps5 too. 

Guest dog @%$# game dumbpimps

Posted

how can a game suck so bad lmao my games on ps2 and ps3 run cleaner what is this @%$#

Im really mad at this point, i gave 40,- on it, why bring it out when its half done? Really sad hope it can be totally fixed soon 

Hello,

Confirming that unfortunately, the game is unplayable at all on PS5 when you try to do a mission in the biggest cities or when you have too much zombies at the end of a mission for example. The frame rate is too much impacted as soon as you are in this city and also when there are too much zombies.

This is frustrating as it could be so a good game.... 

Thanks for reading and listening 

It's completely insane this hasn't been fixed yet at the bare minimum. It's unplayable when going against multiple zombies especially when they all pop in like in that school.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.