• Driving vehicle (mini bike) reset entire progress/crash v1.0

TSmith4894
    • Version: v1.0

I was driving my mini bike back to my base and my PC crashed. When I rebooted and spawned back into the game it spawned me at the original spawn point when I first started with the basic starting inventory. All my skills reset, I was level 1 and all my skills from magazines were reset to level 1. When the game crashed I was at level 41 or 42. My base was still in tack, all my loot in my storages was there, forge was still there and processing what I had left in it. Seems to just be my character is what reset along with all the skill points/magazine progress. Mini bike disappeared as well.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Unfortunately PC crashes and power outages while the game is saving can corrupt save game data. The team is aware of the issue and are working to triple the back up files to help prevent this issue.

We would like to see your output logs of the game session that crashed and the one that reset your character.

Instructions can be found in the red banner on top of this page.

36 minutes ago, schwanz9000 said:

Unfortunately PC crashes and power outages while the game is saving can corrupt save game data. The team is aware of the issue and are working to triple the back up files to help prevent this issue.

We would like to see your output logs of the game session that crashed and the one that reset your character.

Instructions can be found in the red banner on top of this page.

Hi there, I'm not very tech savvy but I think I posted the data logs on that paste bin website. I was skimming the logs to try and figure out which one was the actual crash but couldn't really determine for sure. When the crash happened my buddy called me to go over to a party so I logged onto the game after the crash briefly. So I think I posted the log before the crash, after the crash and log today where I actually logged into the game and noticed my level was reset, no gear (naked), no skills etc.

Here's the link to the paste bin I posted.

https://pastebin.com/KH1LKwRi

Hey there Schwanz, I decided to make a new game after the previous crash since I had no way to get around easy and horde night was coming.

I was just riding a bicycle and the CPU crashed again, was prepared this time to immediately go to the log and post it on the pastebin website here https://pastebin.com/6v4ve7PN . I just spawned back into the game and fortunately this time my data looks like it saved my progress. I was spawned right next to my bike (dismounted) same level and skill points etc. Dunno if you guys already figured out a fix for that issue I had above, or it happened to just be bad luck. Just wanted to let you know how it went down this time, unsure if its helpful.

Thank you.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.