• V1.0 CPU fan failure

Tisuto Brown
    • Version: 1.0

Summary: V1.0 does not work properly. My CPU fan will quit working while playing that version. I've tested the previous alphas and the CPU fan will work great. Up to 20.7. But for some reason it will fail only playing 7DTD V1.0

Game Version: V1.0

OS/Version: Windows 10

CPU Model: Intel i7-14700k

System Memory: 128 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia RTX 4070 12 GB 

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

Video Settings: Ultra

Game mode: Single Player

Map: Pregen10A

Did you wipe old saves? No

Did you start a new game? Yes

Did you validate your files? Yes

Are you using any mods? No
    Did you try to reproduce without mods? 

EAC on or off? Off

Bug Description:

CPU Fan Failure/ high CPU temps

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1)Play the game for more than 10 minutes

2)

3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

CPU Fan stops causing cpu to reach 100 F

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

Not to over heat my PC

Link to Pastebin Output Log: https://pastebin.com/wnLKS8fb

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Guest Cooler Master hyper 212.

Posted

Cooler Master hyper 212. I know it's not the best CPU fan. But I have noticed a few things since posting the comment. Any other game I play it never goes over like 50° to about 60°. Even if I pause 7 days to die it will go down to about 50°. Is only when the game is running that it occasionally will jump up to like 80° and sometimes even 90°. When it goes up to that high my fan will immediately start to slow down and even stop running. I bought some new fans they're in the mail when I get them I will test out the game to make sure if it's just a fan or if it's the game itself.

Yeah this isn't a game issue, and is sort of natural with that generation of Intel with games/programs that demand much more out of the CPU. The game definitely doesn't cause your CPU fans to stop working, sounds like they have a defect in them.

Make sure you download the new bios/microcode, Intel fixed a fatal flaw which likely would fix this. The flaw included excess voltage spikes/usage that wasn't intended, which would happen with this game since it relied heavily on your CPU.

17 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

Yeah this isn't a game issue, and is sort of natural with that generation of Intel with games/programs that demand much more out of the CPU. The game definitely doesn't cause your CPU fans to stop working, sounds like they have a defect in them.

Make sure you download the new bios/microcode, Intel fixed a fatal flaw which likely would fix this. The flaw included excess voltage spikes/usage that wasn't intended, which would happen with this game since it relied heavily on your CPU.

I'll be sure to check that out. I ended up putting a second fan on my CPU. The one connected to the CPU fan port on the motherboard slows down, the one connected to CPU_OPT doesn't. And it only happens when I play 7 days. Not any other game so far. Not even GTAV or the Sims 4. 

I forgot to mention that I had tested multiple fans and the one connected to the CPU port is the only one that slows down/stops. 

6 minutes ago, Tisuto Brown said:

I'll be sure to check that out. I ended up putting a second fan on my CPU. The one connected to the CPU fan port on the motherboard slows down, the one connected to CPU_OPT doesn't. And it only happens when I play 7 days. Not any other game so far. Not even GTAV or the Sims 4. 

Well, GTA and the Sims will hardly sip on your CPU and mostly rely on your GPU, 7 days will also rely on your GPU for the flashy shinies, but it absolutely hammers CPU's and memory, which most games don't (games like Civ, Stellaris, Factorio, and actually CSGO are other examples of this). Most of your cores are likely put into sleep mode running GTA/Sims. 

For sure, 100% update the bios/microcode, Intel admitted the error is fatal. Although that is a bit of natural for the latest Intel CPU's, they will run hard and hot as soon as a load is demanded, nevermind the issue which makes it worse.

That sounds like there is something not configured correctly with your fans, how do the settings look like in the UEFI/BIOS for your fan control (phone pictures are fine)

Edited by Jugginator (see edit history)

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.