• Trader voice not 3D localizable anymore

gamerpaddy
    • Version: V1.0 B317

B317 V1.0 Stable:

Trader voices are played on the player / local, not where the trader is anymore.

To reproduce:

just talk to a trader,

close the window and walk away.

= the voice will allways play as if its right in front of you or in your head,

not 3D anymore and wont get quieter the further you get away.

very annoying especially for Trader Hugh as he likes to talk for way too long and its audio recording seems to be clipping in some sentences.

(may be related to this bug)

i noticed a similiar behaviour on zombies, but not as pronounced.  audio sources seem to be much harder to locate after the recent updates.

i cant tell exactly any more where they are when they wake up.  left and right, a little.  up and down not at all.  behind or infront, barely.

my hardware hasnt changed since the update, binaural / spatial audio works in other games just fine.  if its done properly you can pinpoint every sound all around your head.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It is intended, for now, that trader voices play in the players head. This is to help with the trader talking over the trader in multiplayer situations. The team will work on a better solution at a later date.

I'm not aware of any audio changes to zombies that would cause them to play in your head.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.