• Discord reaction overlay won't go away

Kaurora
    • Version: 1.1 b4 EXP

Summary: Discord reaction overlay won't go away with most recent experimental build

Game Version: (V1.1 b4 EXP)

OS/Version: (Windows)

CPU Model: (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz)

System Memory: (16 GB)

GPU Model and VRAM: (nVidia GTX 1060 4 GB [I don't know how to check for this, I just know I have nvidia])

Screen Resolution: (1152x864 windowed mode)

Video Settings: (Custom ~Medium)

Game mode: (SP)

Map: Pregen(6k3)

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes)

Did you start a new game? (Yes)

Did you validate your files? (No)

Are you using any mods? (No)
    Did you try to reproduce without mods? (N/A)

EAC on or off? Off I think

Bug Description: Add reaction overlay won't go away

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Start game from steam

2) Discord reaction overlay appears during featured news panels (not before during The Fun Pimps logo animation with startup)

3)

Actual result: Discord reaction overlay persists during all screens after and even into playing the game.

Note: I was playing on the stable 1.0 build the day before with no issues. This only started when I switched to the experimental build. I erased my previous 1.0 save and started a new game. I also closed the entire game and restarted to see if that would resolve it but no luck. I've linked just the most recent output log. I made another output log on pastebin with the initial log from when I switched to v1.1 b4 and started a new game but pastebin had me set it to private due to possible sensitivity issues?

Expected result: Not sure if this reaction overlay has been there before but I would expect for it to not persist beyond the news screen

Link to Pastebin Output Log: https://pastebin.com/eFpH1KSt

Screenshot of what I'm seeing (Note: I'm hovering over the icon to show the written text that pops up): https://imgur.com/a/APPUCxI

Screenshot of in-game: https://imgur.com/a/LntHIHY

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Update: Appears to be an issue on Discord end?

I switched back to v1.0 but issue continued until I turned off discord overlay. I hope this gets resolved on their end as I enjoy having the overlay when I game with others to see who's speaking.

Hi there,

I found a work around for this issue which i also had.

Open you game and Push Shift+` to open up discord overlay. You will see the "add reaction" button is somewhere in one of the chats that you had. All i did was scroll up or down from the chat so no "Add reaction" button was visible, then minimized the discord overlay again.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.