• Bug error generating toolbelt on any new world v1.0

Luck
    • Version: V1.0 b336

Summary: When I try to generate a new world the console opens and shows with red error generating toolbelt(with more words to it, but those are the most important).

After the world is generated there is no toolbelt and if you collect something or press a number assigned to the toolbelt slots it opens the console again generating lines of code untill the game crashes.

I updated the game yesterday(23.08.2024) and played with somebody on a server generated by them. Today I tried to make a new world on this version(v1.0) and encountered this bug.

Game Version: (V1.0 b336)

OS/Version: (Windows

CPU Model: i7 7700hq 

System Memory: 16 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia GTX 1060 6 GB 

Screen Resolution: (Width and Height such as 1920x1080)

Video Settings: it was set to medium(Steam saved my last settings/saves etc.)

Game mode: (MP host / MP client / SP / Client on Dedi) new world single player

Map: Pregen(which one) 4k1

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes/No) 

No at the first 2 tries.

Yes at the last attempt.

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No)

Yes

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No)

Just updated yesterday and played after being invited by a steam friend

Are you using any mods? (Yes/No)

No

Did you try to reproduce without mods? (Yes/No)

-

EAC on or off?

Probably. I have it on steam, no mods, no gimmicks, no other software that should cause a problem(yesterday on my friends invite I played without a problem)

Bug Description:

When generating a new world the console opens and shows with red error generating toolbelt. Once inside the game you have no toolbelt and at some point if you pickup stuff and/or press a hotkey(1/2/3/4...) for the toolbelt it freezes, opens the console and keeps generating lines of code very fast untill it crashes the game.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1)Generate new world

2)Error generating toolbelt in console

3)Spawn, play a few seconds/interact with the toolbelt(that doesn't exist/show) and console opens again and game crashes.

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

Link to Pastebin Output Log:

https://pastebin.com/m6R990dE

This is one of the logs. I have 2 but it's pretty much the same. Also I specified in the paste bin but I deleted hundreds of lines of code of this type:

1. 2024-08-24T19:47:53 755.402 WRN GUIWindowManager.Open: Window "toolbelt" unknown!
    2. 2024-08-24T19:47:53 755.403 INF Trace: UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
    3. GUIWindowManager:Open (string,bool,bool,bool)
    4. EntityPlayerLocal:OnHUD ()
    5. NGuiWdwInGameHUD:OnGUI ()

because this is probably what it generates when the game crashes and the pastebin won't let me to put the full output log because there are thousands of these lines with a different generated number e.g. 755.402 WRN 755.403 INF, and the numbers rise with each line.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for reporting.  Your logs indicate incompatible mods are being loaded

2024-08-24T19:35:43 25.088 INF [MODS] Start loading from: 'D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie_Data/../Mods'
    2024-08-24T19:35:43 25.101 INF [MODS]   Trying to load from folder: '0_TFP_Harmony'
    2024-08-24T19:35:45 27.292 INF [MODS]     Loaded Mod: TFP_Harmony (1.1.0.4)
    2024-08-24T19:35:45 27.293 INF [MODS]   Trying to load from folder: 'CraftFromContainers'
    2024-08-24T19:35:45 27.320 ERR [MODS]     CraftFromContainers/ModInfo.xml in legacy format. V2 required to load mod
    2024-08-24T19:35:45 27.320 ERR [MODS]     Could not parse CraftFromContainers/ModInfo.xml, ignoring
    2024-08-24T19:35:45 27.321 INF [MODS]   Trying to load from folder: 'donovan-longerlootbags'
    2024-08-24T19:35:45 27.340 INF [MODS]     Loaded Mod: Donovan_LongerLootbags (21.0.0)
    2024-08-24T19:35:45 27.341 INF [MODS]   Trying to load from folder: 'Jakmeister999's Enhanced HUD (Alpha 21)'
    2024-08-24T19:35:45 27.349 INF [MODS]     Loaded Mod: Jakmeister999_Enhanced_HUD_A21 (2.1)

Please remove these mods, validate your files through steam, and start a new game to see if the error persists

I had no mods installed ever. As i've said I reinstalled the game after a long time(haven played since oct/nov last year) and also verified file integrity (through steam ) after the first 2 attempts. Never used any mods on the game whatsoever. I observed when I pressed to start a new world that some settings were on yellow(so not standard) on the first try so maybe steam saved them.

About mods:

1. it is possible to have played on a server that maybe had mods and those were downloaded when I played?

2. Would they be downloaded again by steam when I reinstaled the game because it saved my settings/saves/files etc.?

6 minutes ago, Luck said:

I had no mods installed ever. As i've said I reinstalled the game after a long time(haven played since oct/nov last year) and also verified file integrity (through steam ) after the first 2 attempts. Never used any mods on the game whatsoever. I observed when I pressed to start a new world that some settings were on yellow(so not standard) on the first try so maybe steam saved them.

About mods:

1. it is possible to have played on a server that maybe had mods and those were downloaded when I played?

2. Would they be downloaded again by steam when I reinstaled the game because it saved my settings/saves/files etc.?

I just checked the mods folder and you were right, there were some folders in that folder. Suspicious since I had a clean install and the run I had with my friend yesterday was vanilla with standard settings. Probably got them from a server and steam kept them even after I uninstalled the game last fall or uploaded them to my account with the saves.

Thanks for the quick reply and never had I expected this to be the problem.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.