• game not responding after a minute in world.

madmatt8u
    • Version: 1.0 b333

Game freezes after minute after spawning into a world. Mouse still functions but game accepts no input. Windows key still lets me out of the frozen game or task manager. While frozen, CPU fluctuates around 5% and V ram steady climbs from 3.5MB. Deleted all saves, registry, uninstalled and installed A21 with same result. All other games in my steam library work fine. Been playing since A14 and issue started after 1.0 b333 update. 

Game Version: v1.0 - b333 but not happens when reverting back to A21.

OS/Version: Windows 10

CPU Model: Ryzen 5 5500 Latest driver

System Memory: 16 GB

GPU Model and VRAM: RX6650 8mb V ram Authentic and updated drivers.

No viruses found or error reports

1080P display

latest version of direct X 12

Video Settings: Ultra, or everything set low and off have same effect.

Game mode:  on or off line single player no difference

Map: Tried one random gen, 3 pregen, and navas, all freeze

Did you wipe old saves? yes

Did you start a new game? New game takes 3 minutes to freeze restarts last one minute

Did you validate your files? Yes 

Are you using any mods? No

EAC on or off? Tried both

Disabled each box on the launcher and tested with no change

Bug Description:

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Launch the game from Steam.

2) Select new world or continue. both load into world. 

3) Let my character stand, walk around, go into inventory, does not matter. Game freezes one minute in

The one constant in the game logs at freeze is the line

d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=128 h=2 d3dfmt=10 [887a0005]

https://pastebin.com/6k5gF7uY  Uninstall, clear registry and all reference to 7 days. 2 restart DL an install log

https://pastebin.com/y3H1seET  loading back into game after end task log.

https://pastebin.com/738nuTjr  3rd attempt 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

missed a type o

Game Version: v1.0 - b333 but not happens when reverting back to A21.

should have been

Game Version: v1.0 - b333 but now happens when reverting back to A21.

12 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Hmm definitely a GPU driver failure. Have you tried using DDU to uninstall the driver in safe-mode (then install a fresh one)?

Yep, tried that. Figured out I can run vanilla low or ultra settings. max difficulty, mods installed, with all of the AMD accelerators on or off except AMD fluid motion frames. That is the source of the problem in this game only.  It boosts frames outside of the game program and yet the game is the only thing not responding. I can leave it frozen and jump into any other game in my library with no issues. I just turned FMF off and it works fine so far.

2 hours ago, madmatt8u said:

Yep, tried that. Figured out I can run vanilla low or ultra settings. max difficulty, mods installed, with all of the AMD accelerators on or off except AMD fluid motion frames. That is the source of the problem in this game only.  It boosts frames outside of the game program and yet the game is the only thing not responding. I can leave it frozen and jump into any other game in my library with no issues. I just turned FMF off and it works fine so far.

Ah yeah not every title supports it yet. I did some research and you've a common problem a lot of other users are having in other games (and lots of complaints about drivers as of late). It's still an experimental tech.

I forgot I had this post. Otherwise I would have posted the "solution" just in case others stumbled in with the same issue. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

1 hour ago, madmatt8u said:

I forgot I had this post. Otherwise I would have posted the "solution" just in case others stumbled in with the same issue. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Ah! I thought I had recognized your name from the other post but I couldn't recall at that moment 😂opps.

You're welcome, yeah like I said in the other one, not sure if that's something we can help with on our end or if it's an engine thing (Unity, etc.) but I'll poke around a bit more in docs/forums. A lot of driver related issues with fluid frames in other games seems to be common as of recently. I loved my old AMD card but the constant driver issues were just too much >.<

So your VRAM increasing/leaking was a direct result of this issue with fluid frames.... interesting and good to know. Thanks for the information!

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.