• Bad french translation...

GTeyes
    • Version: all versions

Hello, introducing myself, i am a mature man who is been being playing 7 Days to Die for over 1675 hours so far...

There's been few years that i've been wondering about that bad French translation in the game and i still get confused every time...

For every objects in the game wich contain a storage to loot... the French translation has the same mistake!

before you open to object's storage the sentence we read while looking at it is ok but after you opened it and empty it, the sentence that appears is just like a google translation (it is wrong)

Exemple:  While looking at a WC toilet  --->   (E) Fouiller WC de luxe (intact)   <----  this is OK before you open it but after....    --->   Vider WC de luxe   <---      Is wrong! this should be     ---> WC de luxe vide  <---     or  --->  WC deluxe (vide)  <---

If i read this  ' VIDER WC de luxe'  this means that there is some stuff to empty from that object's storage, it is just like telling the verb (TO DO) while if i read 'WC de luxe VIDE' or 'WC de luxe (vide)'  this tells me the STATE of the object wich tells me that i already 'open/empty' it and i don't need to open it enventory anymore.

That translation mistake is applied on every object of the game where there is an inventory to loot

Note: maybe my english writing is not very well but my french spoken is ;)

Sorry I haven't been able to insert images from google drive link for any reasons ?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

That's not really a french isolated issue. I see it in spanish too. it's not directly on the translations. the game just puts the "empty" word first, in any language.

I was a localization issue after all...
    I switched lootTooltipEmpty around and now it makes sense for spanish 😄
    lootTooltipEmpty,UI,Use Prompt,,,Empty {1},,Leere {1},"{1}, vacío",Vider {1},

just gotta do the same for French and any other language that needs it.
    image.thumb.png.d9c903b67099f587bc0c05532d1f55cf.png

On 8/14/2024 at 12:21 PM, Jugom said:

lootTooltipEmpty,UI,Use Prompt,,,Empty {1},,Leere {1},"{1}, vacío",Vider {1},

Thank you alot !
    Your solution works for me too ... i changed it for:

lootTooltipEmpty,UI,Use Prompt,,,Empty {1},,Leere {1}, vacío {1}, {1} vide, .....

It is now showing in a better french :)

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.