(Help) Question on which way to set the gamestages...

MrSamuelAdam

This picture https://imgur.com/a/zUWZnYB

1. the "daysAliveChangeWhenKilled" if I don't want my deaths to affect the gamestages I change the "2" to a "0" correct?

2. the "diminishingReturns " if I want to make it harder do I increase or decrease this number from "0.2" would changing it to

"1" make it harder or to "0" make it harder?

3. If I gamestage the "nomadGameDifficultyBonus" to a higher number like "2.5" is it going to just increase my gamestage faster? It's not going to make the zombies into sponges like insane is, is that correct? This value would just increase the gamestage and not the HP of zombies..?

1. Correct. 0 will make it so your deaths have no effect on it.

2. Diminishing returns only applies to multiplayer. It will subtract that amount from the difficulty when calculating multiple people (to determine game stage for the group) There is a section about it in the XML that goes over that a bit more in detail. But if going for more difficulty in a multiplayer, a lower number is 'better'

3. Gamestage does not (to my knowledge) change the HP of the zombies.

1. Correct. 0 will make it so your deaths have no effect on it.

2. Diminishing returns only applies to multiplayer. It will subtract that amount from the difficulty when calculating multiple people (to determine game stage for the group) There is a section about it in the XML that goes over that a bit more in detail. But if going for more difficulty in a multiplayer, a lower number is 'better'

3. Gamestage does not (to my knowledge) change the HP of the zombies.

thank you.

For...

1. I'll set to 0

2. I can set to 0 as well.

3. I can increase that without affecting zombies HP just will make my gamestage increase at a faster rate, that's what I gathered from what you said. Which is what I'm looking for! :D

Archived