Thoughts on a17...

aptalley

There are definitely things I do like about a17...

1. Melee combat feels badass now. I love the new weapon animations and power attacks. Love the effects from perks towards combat and the flow of it.

2. I may not be super elitist about the graphics, but to me the game looks great. I can tell there has been a lot of work put in here, however from what I read, some don't agree.../shrug

3. I really do like a lot of the perks. I think these are good additions to the existing system, but not necessarily a replacement.

Things I do not like...

1. This may be beating a dead horse, and it's clearly not the direction TFP wants to take the game now, but I feel like taking out skills that you level as you use them is a terrible idea. It makes me sad to think that I just pretty much farm zombies for experience to make my crafting better. (Yes I know you get experience from doing other things, but its insignificant compared to just killing)

2. This brings me to the night game...I am no elitist, but I'm no combat slouch either...but running zombies+no back sprint+harsher stamina limitations and not to mention a fairly harsh death penalty means I sit in my base at night. At least in the fairly early game (25 levels or so). Its just not really worth the risk at night.

It feels like a lot of the depth that drew me in to this game is getting simplified and made into a handful of perk choices as your customization, rather than just adding these perks in some form along with an already amazing skill system.

Overall, I appreciate all the work being done, and just hope I'm not in a vast minority and this direction continues to the point I don't care about playing. Because, frankly this game has been a shining example of gaming in a sea of junk for me for years now.

Archived