Some ideas and classic zombie options.

Lutze

Hi zombie smashers First at all sorry for my English and sorry if someone already mentioned ideas below (have no time to read all of threads). Most important: SLEEP NEED - player need sleep so make stamina much bigger but it will refreshed mainly by sleeping. Player can run whole day or mining whole day but after that he need to sleep. If he will run away from zombies and they will still going after him then he will lost his stamina, be unable to run and fight, and after two days without stamina he will just fall down to sleep (and usually be killed by zombies if he will be easy reachable). I know as it is not funny to wait until your hero will wake up, but this is main situation when most of ppl will die in zombie appocalypse. There is lot of space for rules when player will wake up (after attack, after zombie roar if have more then half of stamina, etc). Also maybe some sound allarms can be made from cans and grass (as rope). In this case coffee will be live-saver as it will boost max stamina (but not refresh it). Food: What about add fishing, and rabbit traps. For gardering I would like to have scythe (to cut multiple blocks of grass) also good for zombie cutheads :D Zombie communication: simply make silent kill benefical - as zombie will see you its roaring attract more zombies (all nearby) and as they will start roaring as well then more zombies will spawn... so you have to run and not easilly kill them all (because it will be huge group of zombies - ok don't do it endless but at least 100 of them, once per day). Also make players itself attract zombies by smell. Not only if they have some fresh food. Killing: adding there option to make zombies possible to kill only by headshot .. so no more kills by bolt to body. Especially with dogs it will be fun :D Changing zombie style: what about zombie changes as part of their conditions - if they fall from cliff then their legs will be broken as well so they will change themself to crawler, and well make their hands and legs cutable - as they will destroy their hands by attempting to destroy our bases. It will be more realistic and funny (as handless zombies will roaming around base). Iron bolts: possibility to make reusable iron bolts to crossbow (or iron arrows for bows if they will come). It doesn't make sence to create more stone bolts when I have tons of iron ingots around. Infection: please add option to make zombie infection cureless and also spawn special zombie from player dead body :D so no more bags (all items will be in this zombie loot). Traps: wooden spikes - will not kill zombie if they will approach on it on same level .. they need to be placed below, on same level they will trap zombies here .. and of course if zombies will see player then they wil start roaring. Zombies should be stupid so they will not try to destroy spikes by attacking it. Spikes will be demaged after zombie will be killed by player or other zombies - Zombies will attack trapped zombies if they will be in their way .. only policeman can destroy it by suicide explosion (which he will do when we become trapped). Iron spikes - same as wooden one but will have more durability (like 5x more) barbed wire - will trap zombie .. no kill possible. Same as wooken spikes, but with higher durability (3x) Masking: possibility to make zombie masking from rotting meat (it will mask player as zombie to other zombies for one day - so they will not be aggresive to player if he/she will not attack them or if he/she will not run). And probably many others .. point is make zombies more dangerous to player so he/she should try to avoid them or make silent kills. Also make base little more secure. Anyway thanks for great game. I'm always looking forward to new version ;)

[QUOTE=Lutze;144729]and sorry if someone already mentioned ideas below (have no time to read all of threads).[/QUOTE] Well in fact most of your ideas have been discussed multiple times and madmole commented on many of them.. You don't need to read all of the threads but the search function would have saved you a lot of time.. [QUOTE=Lutze;144729]Most important: SLEEP NEED - player need sleep so make stamina much bigger but it will refreshed mainly by sleeping. [/QUOTE] Here you completely forgot multiplayer. If sleep is implemented an necessary it would need to happen instantaneous. Nobody wants to play alone while his friends "sleep" and afk for 10min. Maybe there are good mechanics to implement a sleep system but I don't like your suggestion at all. [QUOTE=Lutze;144729]Food: What about add fishing, and rabbit traps. For gardering I would like to have scythe (to cut multiple blocks of grass) also good for zombie cutheads :D[/QUOTE] Fishing was already discussed a lot and madmole already stated that he would like it in the game. Rabbit traps might be nice addition but wouldn't fit in the current hunting system (rabbits walking in such traps would be very rare). Scythe is a decent idea I guess.. I never thought about tools or weapons (except explosions) with an AoE greater than 1 block. [QUOTE=Lutze;144729] Zombie communication: simply make silent kill benefical - as zombie will see you its roaring attract more zombies (all nearby) and as they will start roaring as well then more zombies will spawn... Also make players itself attract zombies by smell. Not only if they have some fresh food.[/quote] More stuff that was already discussed really often.. Silent killing right now is a little beneficial but it shouldn't have anything to do with communication. If you kill a zed with a gun enemys should hear the gunshot (what's creted at your location) therefore walk in you location (the duration of the sound). They shouldn't have to communicate, just follow sound and they even do that somewhat already. Also "Scout zombies" that spawn hordes via roaring is a feature that will be introduced soon. There is also a more complex smell system planned.. [QUOTE=Lutze;144729] Killing: adding there option to make zombies possible to kill only by headshot .. so no more kills by bolt to body. Especially with dogs it will be fun :D[/quote] Can already be done via mod. But would be a nice addition to the game as soon as there are more and removeable body parts. [QUOTE=Lutze;144729]Changing zombie style: what about zombie changes as part of their conditions - if they fall from cliff then their legs wl be broken as well so they will change themself to crawler, and well make their hands and legs cutable - as they will destroy their hands by attempting to destroy our bases. It will be more realistic and funny (as handless zombies will roaming around base).[/quote] Right now there is only head and body as hit boxes. This will probably change with alpha 10 or 11 and it is already announced that zombies probably will be able to loose legs or get slowed when they get shot in the leg afterwards. I woud assume that something similr is lanned for arms/hands. [QUOTE=Lutze;144729]Iron bolts: possibility to make reusable iron bolts to crossbow (or iron arrows for bows if they will come). It doesn't make sence to create more stone bolts when I have tons of iron ingots around. [/quote] More types of bolts were already announced, too. Next ones will be burning bolts.. I suppose iron bolts will follow soon.. Well I lost interest in reading and writing further.. While you suggested a lot of things almost anything was already suggested plenty of times.. Anyways thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Hinado thanks for info and sorry for duplicity here. With sleep I know that it is much easier in SP then in MP but it can be linked with level progresing - for example for distributing skill points, maybe some logical mini-game for obtaining new easy crating recipes. And of course as option just for these who want it (as I). Well it can be semi-real .. for example just couple of hours daily (or really short time with some military pills) :D

Archived