Profession Skills [Personality skill]

Kelton

Just a quick idea here that I'm sure someone has suggested before me. I have been playing online with a few friends in a private server and I have noticed that each of us takes up or own responsibility to the group. This has sprung the idea of small increases in certain areas of skill. Nothing major but just enough to know who the blacksmith was or who the farmer was. The idea is to encourage players to work together to form a community, but not to make it impossible for someone to lone wolf it in the wild. Examples would be if you mine a lot of rock you get a slow increase in mining and after a level you get a slight increase in your pickaxe speed. If you forge and repair a lot of items and weapons then you get a bonus to all weapons you repair and/or make. So any shovel or gun that you made has a slightly increased durability. Farmers would get a bonus to harvest or speed of plant growth. Again, nothing that changes the very dynamic of the game, but enough to know who has what job in a group. All of the skills would be passive bonuses to your area of expertise. Feel free to build on this idea, because thats just what it is, an idea.

team dependency I definitely agree. I find myself managing the farming while others do things, like what you said, doing mining and hunting. Itd be cool if farmers were able to produce crops quicker or have a more productive harvest the more you garden. Or maybe if the hunter was able to get more meat off of his kill. I really like the book and crafting system, i wonder if there is maybe a way to combine that with a skill system, nothing major like what you would see in skyrim just something to add incentive (you reap what you sow)... I believe adding something like this would add a dependency on the other members of your group making a much more realistic scenario. For example, when i play now its fun for everyone to have their own jobs, but honestly if i need a tool made or some venison to eat im gonna go out and get those things on my own unless that person has exactly what i need in that moment that i need it..but most the time im just as good at hunting so rather than waiting on him ill go kill the deer myself... But if the designated hunter can get way more meat for his kill and he needs potatoes and corn to make some stew that will do much more for the hunger and thirst than just boiled meat, rather than spending a long time clearing the soil and waiting for the crops to grow he can go to the farmer who has a much more productive and better sustained farm time. Then the farmer and hunter actually have reason to work together to achieve a goal they both wish to accomplish. Put simply: Rather than acting as a lone wolf, there is now a legitimate benefit to letting one guy do what he is really good at and you do what your'e good at... like in real life, you dont see the IT guy doing heart surgery, the surgeon building a bridge, and the construction worker trying to configure a firewall.

I've also thought of this many times and completely back you up on it. I think skills should increase like in Red Orchestra 2. Very small increments over a long period so you really have to earn it, and its not like "You've mined your 1000th block of stone. You now mine 100% faster!" No thanks, thats way too much of an increase and isn't realistic. Now something along the lines of a 0.5% increase in mining speed per 500(?) Stone blocks mined, with a cap at 25%(?) I would like. Some examples I think would be cool. Keep in mind the numbers im using are being made up on the spot, so may be too little or too much. 1.) 0.5% (?) stamina regeneration every 15km (?) travelled by sprinting. 2.) After harvesting 500 (?) Crops that you planted, you then harvest +1 of that food item, like in skyrim. Or crops that you grow have slightly higher reward properties. 3.) Every 1500 (?) Headshots, you gain 0.25% accuracy, or 0.25% less weapon sway. 4.) After placing your 300th building block, get +1 placement/gather rang. I dont want it to be too "RPG", but it's obviously realistic to get better at a skill the more you practice it, to a certain point. What do you guys think?

Archived