A large amount of ideas for 7 Days To Die

The Last Survivor

Ok so these are big ideas I had with my friend think what you wish about them. I also may not remember them all as I have a lot. So first of all I think instead of loot timers on the screen I think it would be better if you had a animation like for a example if I say was to loot a cupboard rather then a timer on my screen I would take the time to open the door to see what's inside then a GUI pops up once looking inside and it shows what's in it then after I take what I want [this is your choice] 1. I leave the cupboard door open and leave it. Or 2. I shut it and cover my tracks. So the same thing would apply to cars ammo boxes and anything loot able I think it would be cool a lot of work but a cool and realistic add on. So second of all this is a even bigger add on [no idea how long it would take but just giving out ideas] Anything can be used as a weapon. So say I am in a PVP server everything around me is looted but I find a brick or a pencil or anything you would find laying around rather it be a plant pot to a lamp I can pick it up [animation or none up to you] and stab a player in the gut or eye with it or perhaps throw it at him or bash it over his head and stun him and if you got him in the eye he would have a chance to die or to be blind in one eye and even though in real you would be that way forever maybe have his vision come back over the days and the amount of darkness on the left side of the screen just grows less and less till its gone and another thing if I bash or throw a brick at him it could make him dizzy perhaps or maybe make him fall down and he will catch him self on his hands before he hits the ground then he can get back up. Another thing I am pretty sure you are working on this already but ill throw it in. better running animations in 1st person this also brings up another idea I had so basically I think I saw something about finishing moves from you guys cant remember though so before you do a finishing move you have say a hammer or a knife or whatever have about 5/7 different animations for each one and when I swing / hit a enemy with it and it has different random animations each time so it could do animation number 2 for say three times then it does animation 7 one time and it makes it feel a lot more real. Another thing I had a idea for In the later builds is when you add cars and such could players hide in the trunk and wait till the owner opens it to get his loot? if there is enough room get in it and have a knife/gun ready for when he opens then stab/shoot him maybe he will die or maybe he will crawl and be half blind and blood on the screen. another idea for PVP mainly is tree climbing find big enough trees that you can climb up and when you do it makes sounds and has leafs fall then you can sit up there and perhaps stalk someone's base and then jump down to go in for the kill another thing would be throwing a brick would make a breaking sound so if I throw a brick into this guys base he's going to think oh no someone's breaking in over here while I sneak in over here. one last thing ill post more if I think of anything but the last thing I think is unrealistic is how it takes so long on high block strength for you to break something with a tool but a zombie can break it faster then you with its fists I hope that gets changed up or gets a option for it So yeah ill post more if I think of any these are all just my personal ideas I thought I would share with you thanks for your time and for now goodbye.

I agree that there should be some sort of visual indicator that you are doing something when you are looting. right now if feels kind of artificial. The game could go a long way in having cabinets open and safe dials turning (or whatever) at least to make looting more.. meaty. I like the idea of many different things becoming make-shift weapons.. Im thinking different items should attack differently and have different effects on zombies. Perhaps knockback and knockdowns. You could have attacks that just cancel the zombies attack for a second. Counters maybe. Idk.. but with that thrown bricks and rocks could be more debuff weapons instead of lethal - for example. Combat could use some work anyways. I think in alpha 10 and 11 there will be better character and zombie animations. I was playing a lot of 7days recently and I've come to notice how disconnected your character feels in the world. You run way too fast and too smoothly. When you're hit there is blood splatter and a UGH! sound but... thats it. tnt could have exploded next to you and you're still just standing there as if nothing happened.. You should fly across the room, and stumble around, limp and gasp for air, throw-up, shiver, scream and flail around, grab things and push stuff, trip, and stagger.. all around your character just needs to be more present in the world. As for finishing moves.. nah. kills in this game are quick and sort of impersonal. finishing moves are sort of arcade-y first off, but also they are for games that draw emphasis to your physical interaction with other players. 7days isn't like that and i don't think it should be. It would however be nice if there was a large variety of cool attack/death animations for the many different ways that you can attack/die. So.. sure I guess. While it would be hilarious and totally worth it and probably necessary, I dont think the devs should spend time on the animations associated with hiding in the trunk of a car... Every time i play a pvp game that has trees in it, I say to myself, "It would be cool if i could climb trees". It seldom happens. Back when tress were made of blocks in 7days I used to make fake trees and hide amongst the real trees in those tiny pvp maps. It was very effective. So I support tree climbing. In most cases it is faster to break something with a tool then it is for zombies to break the same thing, even in 200% block strength.. It isn't a realism thing it is a balance thing.

Archived