Extra slots on output of campfire

coRpSE

I know I have seen the mod that added 3 additional output slots for the campfire, but I and a clan mate of mine have been searching for two days and can not find it. We had it on a server we helped run last year, but, that server is long gone. Anyone know where I can find that mod or know what files and sections that need to be edited to have that mod installed?

Essentially it was a 3 x 3 grid for the output of the campfire.

You mean something like this?

I know I have seen the mod that added 3 additional output slots for the campfire, but I and a clan mate of mine have been searching for two days and can not find it. We had it on a server we helped run last year, but, that server is long gone. Anyone know where I can find that mod or know what files and sections that need to be edited to have that mod installed?

Essentially it was a 3 x 3 grid for the output of the campfire.

Hey, the file in question you want to mod is in your 7 days to die main folder(I assume you know where to find it, and that you have a program like notepad++ or some similar good text editor which highlights the xml tags) then you go to your Data/Config/XUi folder and open the windows.xml file.

Then you make a search for "windowOutput" (I was only able to find one) then you know the part you'll need to mod.

Here is the code I am using in my mod, which adds 3 output slots to all workstations (3x3 grids that is) :

<window name="windowOutput" width="228" height="277" anchor="CenterTop" panel="Right" cursor_area="true" >

<!--#$-IGS END.-$#-->

<panel style="header.panel">

<sprite style="header.icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_loot_sack"/>

<label style="header.name" text="OUTPUT" text_key="xuiOutput" />

</panel>

<rect name="content" depth="0" pos="0,-46" height="150" disablefallthrough="true" on_press="true">

<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" height="150" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />

<grid name="inventory" rows="3" cols="3" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="WorkstationOutputGrid" repeat_content="true">

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

</rect>

</window>

If you want to have these grids only to the campfire you can add the part on the bottom of the xml file (but before "</windows>" -tag) and rename it to something like "windowOutputCampfire" and then replade the line in the xui.xml file found in the Config-folder.

Just search for the "workstation_campfire" section of the file, go a bit down and look for this line: <window name="windowOutput" /> and replace it with the name/tag/whatever it's called you made before ("windowOutputCampfire").

Hopefully this helps.

Hey, the file in question you want to mod is in your 7 days to die main folder(I assume you know where to find it, and that you have a program like notepad++ or some similar good text editor which highlights the xml tags) then you go to your Data/Config/XUi folder and open the windows.xml file.

Then you make a search for "windowOutput" (I was only able to find one) then you know the part you'll need to mod.

Here is the code I am using in my mod, which adds 3 output slots to all workstations (3x3 grids that is) :

<window name="windowOutput" width="228" height="277" anchor="CenterTop" panel="Right" cursor_area="true" >

<!--#$-IGS END.-$#-->

<panel style="header.panel">

<sprite style="header.icon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_loot_sack"/>

<label style="header.name" text="OUTPUT" text_key="xuiOutput" />

</panel>

<rect name="content" depth="0" pos="0,-46" height="150" disablefallthrough="true" on_press="true">

<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" height="150" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />

<grid name="inventory" rows="3" cols="3" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="WorkstationOutputGrid" repeat_content="true">

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

</rect>

</window>

If you want to have these grids only to the campfire you can add the part on the bottom of the xml file (but before "</windows>" -tag) and rename it to something like "windowOutputCampfire" and then replade the line in the xui.xml file found in the Config-folder.

Just search for the "workstation_campfire" section of the file, go a bit down and look for this line: <window name="windowOutput" /> and replace it with the name/tag/whatever it's called you made before ("windowOutputCampfire").

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks, this was exactly what I needed. It was only 2 values that need to be altered. The height in the window needed to be adjusted from 198 to 227, and the in the grid for the inventory need to be adjusted from 2 to 3. =Visual aid for others=

Yes, your assumption is correct about knowing where the file is and using an editor with syntax highlighting, I do web development. Thanks again, very helpful.

Archived