Some ideas I had...

CLee

I hope its ok that I compiled a list of ideas I've had and put them in 1 post.

1. A Drop all button - We have a way to pick up many items at once, why not one to drop all out inventory into a chest?
  2. UV lights - For growing plants underground?
  3. A trailer - We're getting a jeep soon, why not a trailer to increase inventory on it?
  4. A multi-pocketed vest that increases inventory spaces?
  5. New farm animals - Animals like cows, pigs and Sheep. Also to be able to breed those animals would be cool too.
  6. A compost bin - for making fertiliser faster?
  7. Fruit trees - Another food source?
  8. Steel Chests/Boxes - To be able to upgrade the Storage box for more durability?
  9. Batteries - For flashlights or other items
  10. A GPS - Uses Batteries and helps keep track of your waypoints (maybe an easier way to mark them?)
  11. An Elevator - With programmable floors but uses a lot of power

I'll add more later if I think of them and feel free to comment :) Do you agree with my ideas? If no - why is it a bad idea?

7 days to die?

Sounds more like a farming game, rather than a zombie game. If there are livestock I'd assume they'd turn into zombies when bitten. Water is also toxic, so they'd require better water sources. If you get to the point of happiness and life on the farm, I'd say you repopulated the earth and game is done. Move on to sim city. Death is part of the title of the game, so if you want a fancy farming chat channel it should be another game. Maybe Arc where you can raise friendly creatures as pets. If anything I'd be more for some features like the day of the dead where you can keep zombies as pets and chain them up. A jeep is going to be interesting because even now the bike has had so many lag problems (are they fixed?). Don't get me wrong though any upgrades are fine by me, as long as they don't make it into a chat channel and keep the game as it should be, a game. If anything, I'd add more competitions, like a zombie arena to fight off zombies with certain weapons or even gladiator games. There isn't really a pay to upgrade environment either, which would be good for both the coders and the people asking for new features. It would be nice to have certain things you can get if you want to tip the developers a little that would set you apart from the rest. I know people like it as a building game, but it's labeled as a survival and zombie horde game. If you want to label it as building, then they should change the name to Zombie Life or something like that.

Sounds more like a farming game, rather than a zombie game. If there are livestock I'd assume they'd turn into zombies when bitten. Water is also toxic, so they'd require better water sources. If you get to the point of happiness and life on the farm, I'd say you repopulated the earth and game is done. Move on to sim city. Death is part of the title of the game, so if you want a fancy farming chat channel it should be another game. Maybe Arc where you can raise friendly creatures as pets. If anything I'd be more for some features like the day of the dead where you can keep zombies as pets and chain them up. A jeep is going to be interesting because even now the bike has had so many lag problems (are they fixed?). Don't get me wrong though any upgrades are fine by me, as long as they don't make it into a chat channel and keep the game as it should be, a game. If anything, I'd add more competitions, like a zombie arena to fight off zombies with certain weapons or even gladiator games. There isn't really a pay to upgrade environment either, which would be good for both the coders and the people asking for new features. It would be nice to have certain things you can get if you want to tip the developers a little that would set you apart from the rest. I know people like it as a building game, but it's labeled as a survival and zombie horde game. If you want to label it as building, then they should change the name to Zombie Life or something like that.

I think he has a lot of good ideas to expand the "what do I do now" conundrum when you get to a certain point in 7dtd. It's fun to become self-sustaining when you can survive on your own. There's a point when looting becomes tiresome because you find lots of junk that you honestly don't need. So why not add in more "things" to do while at your base? I don't think the water is toxic, either. I think that a human drinking water from the wild has a chance to make you sick just the way that it does in the real world. Most animals can drink raw water and handle it just fine ;)

I think he has a lot of good ideas to expand the "what do I do now" conundrum when you get to a certain point in 7dtd. It's fun to become self-sustaining when you can survive on your own. There's a point when looting becomes tiresome because you find lots of junk that you honestly don't need. So why not add in more "things" to do while at your base? I don't think the water is toxic, either. I think that a human drinking water from the wild has a chance to make you sick just the way that it does in the real world. Most animals can drink raw water and handle it just fine ;)

I was thinking the same! I'm on a multiplayer world with a family member. We are on day 270 but its starting to get a little tedious doing the same things over and over again. A few more possible things would be cool, like the Battle Arena mentioned by Zintage :D

Archived