Life in the Wasteland

Thelek

Well, i guess it is time to move on to other things. since i am not a doctor, i don't have a lot of patience, and it has been 6 months since we have seen any kind of update for this game. as much as i love this game, it has become unplayable. so i have to put the Arizona wasteland behind me and turn my focus to other wastelands.

i may visit these forums every now and then to see if IG has bothered to fix the game,but i won't hold my breath. maybe i will see all of you great folks in the Capitol wasteland come November good hunting for those of you that can enjoy this game.

Well, i guess it is time to move on to other things. since i am not a doctor, i don't have a lot of patience, and it has been 6 months since we have seen any kind of update for this game. as much as i love this game, it has become unplayable. so i have to put the Arizona wasteland behind me and turn my focus to other wastelands.

i may visit these forums every now and then to see if IG has bothered to fix the game,but i won't hold my breath. maybe i will see all of you great folks in the Capitol wasteland come November good hunting for those of you that can enjoy this game.

They just announced they are updating the engine...

They just announced they are updating the engine...

sadly, i don't believe simply updating Unity will have much of an effect on the issues that plague 7DTD. Unity has trouble handling games far less complex than 7DTD. Gems of War has been live for over 6 year s, and they continue to be plagued with Unity related issues, and it is just a gem matching game. a game like 7DTD needs an engine with a proven record of stable open world games.

sadly, i don't believe simply updating Unity will have much of an effect on the issues that plague 7DTD. Unity has trouble handling games far less complex than 7DTD. Gems of War has been live for over 6 year s, and they continue to be plagued with Unity related issues, and it is just a gem matching game. a game like 7DTD needs an engine with a proven record of stable open world games.

There are no game engines that I am aware of that have a record of showing themselves capable of handling a voxel style game like 7DtD. Outside of creating their own custom game engine I don't see that happening. The closest game to 7DtD in basic functionality is Minecraft, even through the devs dislike that comparison. But it's true. Notch used Java Libraries for his game rendering, but the engine itself is custom built I believe. Even Trove has an in house custom engine.

Voxel based games are also relatively rare when compared to polygon style games. Which means there are few, if any, dedicated engines that can handle this style with any certainty. Bear in mind too, all this is based on what I have read thus far on Voxel style games.

Archived