Just Another Gamer's Wishes for 7 Days To Die

harold5187

I'm really loving how the game is progressing, and I haven't had this much fun in a long time, despite the occasional crash, but it just means I have to save more often, till the problems get sorted. Great job... I'm not that crazy about the ideal of having zombie scouts... If I were making 7 Days To Die, here's how I would do it, but for the record, your not that far off with your general concept... 1) When starting a new game, I would give the player two choices... a) Do you want to be a part of the initial outbreak; How it all began? Choosing this option would give you a glimpse of the world before the outbreak, and show everyday life of everyday people, going about their daily routines. Then you can introduce the "accident", or "contagent" that results in a series of events. Widespread worry, then panic, then everyone rushing to the markets to stock up on food and supplies, martial law, and all that THAT entails, along with the people that hunker down in their custom built survival bunkers scattered about the map. Then as the epidemic reaches the next level, people begin dying, you walk into a hospital packed with sick people, most of which are dying; The scary part is not that they are dead, but they seem to have a problem staying dead. b) Or, do you want to survive in a scenario in which the outbreak has already occurred? Choosing this option, skips how it all happened, leaving you with having to survive in it's aftermath. Either option leaves you eventually in a world scattered with the remnants of humanity, the good and the bad, the living and the dead, and that's where things get exciting... 2) The zombies seem to retain some form of muscle memory of the way of life they once had, so you find them going to familiar places they may have been before the outbreak, such as to work, or home, or even the shopping mall. The zombies do not seem to be overly agitated with each other, though at times you will find them fighting over their meals, and it becomes survival of the zombie fittest, but they have no concept of team work, only that they are alive, and yet, not alive at all, and seem to be drawn to those who are not infected for some reason. The concept of sharing is a human emotion, and zombies are anything but human, which excludes them from these emotions. 3) Aside from the obvious threat of the zombies, the player lives in a world where trust is just a word, and everyone is out for themselves, you may happen upon a friendly AI Npc trying to survive like yourself, but whether you can trust him/her, only time will tell, they may have their own agenda, or you may just have something they would rather have for themselves. So adding NPC survivors in the game, and giving the player the opportunity to work with them, or against them, would be entertaining as well, especially since they have guns as well, which even's the score. And it would be nice to happen upon an underground bunker, where people may be surviving, or may not have had much success at it, but either way, would add another degree of fun to the game. 4) Keep in mind that you have to incorporate elements of building, crafting and survival in the game, and it's okay to have a trickling zombie nuisance, but the whole zombie horde thing sorts of makes it nearly impossible to focus on anything other than killing and staying alive. I would go for a more cinematic like, humor-at-times, "28 Days" feel to the game. Rather than the impossible zombie hordes coming at you ever so often. 5) My final thought is this... Just because a zombie outbreak occurs does not mean everything man has accomplished to date, suddenly disappears, but there should be military bases, checkpoints, police departments, ambulances, etc, where we can find these weapons, such as assault rifles, sniper rifles, grenades, etc. In a real situation like this, we'd have the advantage, those of us who were not infected for whatever reason. Because we would have all the weapons the dead have left behind, including tanks, and 50 caliber machine guns, etc... This is just how I would have done it, I hope you enjoy my read... Please give me your thoughts on some of these concepts :)

So to sum it up: [LIST] [*]you want 2 completly different games in one game [*]you want 2 completly different games that have nothing to do with 7daystodie besides the general scenario [/LIST] Not to mention that your whole idea is flawed and will never work. You want to create a situation like with players in DayZ it seems - lets be real here - most AI these days is awful - this will never be enjoyable since A) you will be able to realize which NPCs are good/bad in no time B) you will simply avoid NPCs if they are completely random C) we all know that story and close-NPC-Relations never really work in open-world games (a narative simply is needed otherwise its impossible to code NPCs for all possible situations) From what i take out of your posting you dont even wand a sandbox-game ...

[QUOTE=HerbKerbal;140919]So to sum it up: [LIST] [*]you want 2 completly different games in one game [*]you want 2 completly different games that have nothing to do with 7daystodie besides the general scenario [/LIST][/QUOTE] I don't want two different games, just the ability for us to choose between the two scenario's, so we can see how it all happened, and be a part of it, or if you choose, you can skip it, by selecting the latter scenario... Not different games, just starting situations, that would attract more people as well, who want to be apart of a zombie outbreak, because so many games occur after it has already happened! As a player wouldn't you like to rush into the stores and stack up on food, and be at home boarding up walls etc, when the "help team" swat team arrives to protect you, etc...

[QUOTE=harold5187;140921]I don't want two different games, just the ability for us to choose between the two scenario's, so we can see how it all happened, and be a part of it, or if you choose, you can skip it, by selecting the latter scenario... Not different games, just starting situations, that would attract more people as well, who want to be apart of a zombie outbreak, because so many games occur after it has already happened! As a player wouldn't you like to rush into the stores and stack up on food, and be at home boarding up walls etc, when the "help team" swat team arrives to protect you, etc...[/QUOTE] Those 2 Scenarios are two completely different games ... Just read your first Scenario and think about how much exra stuff would be needed ... Not to mention the change of the world that has to happen between the two scenarios

Archived