Ideas for new weapons and turret improvements

Dezerker63

first lets start with some weapons.

Flamethrower- crowd control, use's fuel as ammo. with the new update to weapons a few attachments that could be made would be an improved nozzle(increase's range), improved tanks(increased ammo capacity), and being able to make better ammo like napalm.

Heavy Machine Gun- Large ammo capacity, High rate of fire, is meant as another source for crowed control. attachments would be basic scope, grips, lights, larger clips, tripod.

grenade launchers- could be made as attachments or separate weapon. multiply ammo types incendiary, phosphorus, smoke high explosive, etc.

Flare guns- used to alert players and allied factions that you need help. an illumination ammo type for use at night. flares can also light enemies on fire.

Now the turret improvment would be instead of building individual turrets (eg smg turret, shotgun turret, etc). A player would build a turret base and attach any weapons of their choice to the mount. these mounts could be added to vehicles.this would add a new level of control and customization to the game. as an examplei build or find an MSG or sniper or AR i can then place these weapons on the turret mounts or swapping the weapons out for what i nee or what i want them to have. their could even be special attachments to the mounts (faster turn speed, better targeting, faster fire rate).

I like the idea of the Flamethrower and Flare gun but not he Grenade launcher. I think that may be a bit to much for me.

As for the Heavy machine gun, i have always wanted one in-game but only as a static weapon i.e on a tripod or mounted on some sort of vehicle. Using this would mean the player would have to mount it and be locked in place only being able to rotate and fire and would have to un-mount to leave the gun.

I like the idea of the Flamethrower and Flare gun but not he Grenade launcher. I think that may be a bit to much for me.

As for the Heavy machine gun, i have always wanted one in-game but only as a static weapon i.e on a tripod or mounted on some sort of vehicle. Using this would mean the player would have to mount it and be locked in place only being able to rotate and fire and would have to un-mount to leave the gun.

i like your idea for the heavy machine gun it would tie in really nice to the turret mount. it could be a turret exclusive weapon

i like your idea for the heavy machine gun it would tie in really nice to the turret mount. it could be a turret exclusive weapon

I'd love to make HMG/MMG emplacements. You can fire the SMG turret while interacting with it, but zombies don't appear on-screen IIRC. I haven't tried this in a long time as the server I play on is a ghost town waiting for A17, but I could be wrong.

I remember The Starvation Mod for 7 DTD had an old Browning Heavy machine gun you had to mount on a tripod and it worked just like the thing we have been speaking about.... so it's doable.

AND i think TFPs would do a great job on adding this, it would also go 2wards custom jeeps and such.

But Kage848 sadly tried to place it on iron bars LOL .... which did not work at the time. :p

oh man i love ideas like this. i love the idea of having such expandable modifications to guns past 4 components, some of which are almost completely irrelevant. the problem with having such dynamic weapon modifications is that you don't have a very dynamic combat system - you can cripple and damage limbs and whatnot, but that's very limited in how many elements actually go in to combat - damage source, projectile for a few weapons, hit register, cripple animation, stun animation, kill animation. weapon mods at the moment can really only affect these things, which aren't exactly expandable to the extent we would like. i'd love to see the ability to add barrel extensions (or changing barrels entirely) to increase weapon range, or using alternating auto or semi-auto fire rates, or having modifications that increase fire rate, clip size, etc... the game is so young in development yet that this isn't something i think the fun pimps have really been able to focus on, if you look at all else they've changed since the game's release on steam. it's also one of the reasons i'll probably always play this game, regardless of how long it takes the next update to arrive.

NOW. as for weapons. i'd only be okay with the flamethrower if they added proper fluid mechanics so that napalm functioned somewhat realistically with pooling and fire spreading properly. also would want them to add lava and add the ability to shoot lava from that mother ♥♥♥♥er

oh man i love ideas like this. i love the idea of having such expandable modifications to guns past 4 components, some of which are almost completely irrelevant. the problem with having such dynamic weapon modifications is that you don't have a very dynamic combat system - you can cripple and damage limbs and whatnot, but that's very limited in how many elements actually go in to combat - damage source, projectile for a few weapons, hit register, cripple animation, stun animation, kill animation. weapon mods at the moment can really only affect these things, which aren't exactly expandable to the extent we would like. i'd love to see the ability to add barrel extensions (or changing barrels entirely) to increase weapon range, or using alternating auto or semi-auto fire rates, or having modifications that increase fire rate, clip size, etc... the game is so young in development yet that this isn't something i think the fun pimps have really been able to focus on, if you look at all else they've changed since the game's release on steam. it's also one of the reasons i'll probably always play this game, regardless of how long it takes the next update to arrive.

NOW. as for weapons. i'd only be okay with the flamethrower if they added proper fluid mechanics so that napalm functioned somewhat realistically with pooling and fire spreading properly. also would want them to add lava and add the ability to shoot lava from that mother ♥♥♥♥er

LOL Let's get water fixed first before we start getting carried away. I mean, water is a huge part of the landscape yet has alien physics at the moment. Minecraft did water and fire very well ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, support static HMG emplacements.

• 2 months later...

Archived