Best Monitor for Photo and Video Editing

bewell

I'm looking to purchase a new wide-gamut monitor (27-32") in the next few months. I'm a graphic designer and need something that will have accurate color calibration for both web and print work, photo editing, etc and high resolution obviously. I've also just purchased an Alienware Aurora with an Nvidia 1080ti video card, so looking for something that will be most compatible. I'm a little overwhelmed with the information and reviews out there. Could any of you recommend a few monitors (budget is open right now... this is a long-term investment so I want to make sure I'm getting the best product for my needs). I am looking at the the UP3216Q, but also see a few other UltraSharps that may be great.

Someone recommended EIZO – COLOREDGE CG248-4K to me, I have read the introduction of this article: http://bestpcmonitor.org/best-4k-monitor-for-photo-and-video-editing/

I've also seen recommendations for the Xrite i1 monitor calibrator. Is this also the best option, or does it depend on the monitor you get?

Thanks for your recommendations!

Archived