Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
KhaineGB

KhaineGB

On 12/28/2023 at 5:13 PM, ihatetfp said:

Some things i noticed recently while playing on DF 5.0.1 :

Consuming Animal fat gives 5 food while tooltip says it gives 0
Caitlinn respawns when server is restarted, unlike vanilla traders - she wont keep her inventory and wont accept old quests to turn in, results in being stuck with quests that where not turned in IF the server is restarted between finishing and turning in. Remaining retrieved supplies are stuck in inventory until quest is canceled/removed by player.

Found vehicle without hitbox, which i at first assumed to be repairable (cant be repaired nor harvested) - on supercity map, coordinates: 762E 968S

Happy holidays you all.

The animal fat thing is just funny.
Caitlin uses the same entity class as vanilla traders, so not a lot I can do about that.
Co-ords don't help because the maps are decorated depending on GAME NAME.

On 12/28/2023 at 9:50 PM, ihatetfp said:

I forgot: Power Armor does not benefit from advanced muffled connector mod (armor's stats remain unchanged)

Intended

On 12/30/2023 at 3:08 PM, Baron3813 said:

Does anyone have an idea as to why in multiplayer sometimes getting in a vehicle will bug out and cause the gamma to go way up and break hand animations? Reloading seems to fix the issue right now

Nope. Nor am I spending time on MP bugs cos I'm tired of working around them.

On 12/31/2023 at 5:12 AM, kirara404 said:

It's not clear if this has happened since the latest version was updated, but multiple occurrences of "DemonLord" in multiplayer can be quite server intensive.
In addition, the fire ball of the "Succubus" seemed to be fired in a strange direction, but it was quite unstable as an invisible ball was fired at us.
Are these problems due to our server environment?

Succubus has been fine for me locally, so that's probably server lag. Demon lord is probably due to the buffs, which we are looking at changing.

On 12/31/2023 at 6:01 PM, WIKKIDJOKER said:

or reload the game with a fresh copy and mods see if that fixes it first

@KhaineGB happy new years brother, have you made any progress on the thick mission? and have you noticed an issue with the animal snare? ours doesnt seem to work we are on 5.0.1

Nope, to both. Snares are working just fine.

11 hours ago, chard said:

Hello. So I was getting an issue with a corrupted chunk on every world I created, meaning I had to delete the region in my save files and therefore losing my base. I uninstalled the game and did a fresh install, along with the latest version of the mod.

It now seems like I am getting substantially more XP per zombie kill (like 30%-50% of a level per kill.) Is this normal? Does this just apply to early stages or am I going to fly through levels? I'm on a solo world with 100% XP multiplier. I know I can decrease the % setting, just wondering if it is wise, or if there is another setting that modifies the multiplier.

I preferred the slightly more grindy feel that I had before uninstalling the game (of course not too grindy that it becomes unfun,) can someone tell me the settings required to reach this? Before I needed 50-60 kills to reach level 5, now I'm level 3 after literally 6 kills.

Lower levels currently are a bit too quick. I just re-did the XP amounts for testing.

On 12/29/2023 at 8:24 AM, mar3ld said:

Hi.

Are you the developer / creator behind Darkness Falls?

As I understand it you're not interested in hosting DF from yet another source. That is understandable. I'd really like to make DF5 compatible with the gaming system of our choice and the developer of it doesn't seem to be able to use the officially provided Azure link.

Would you consider allowing myself / my company or another one host a secondary compatible link with the latest available download of DF?

Yes I am.

And no, you can't. re-host it. Tell your host to fix their crap or move host. It's that simple. Azure is not some dodgy site. It's literally the microsoft version of git that wont charge me my kidneys and first born in order to host the mod.

The link ONLY changes between alpha versions in case someone needs the last version of the mod for  the previous alpha. That's it.

KhaineGB

KhaineGB

On 12/28/2023 at 5:13 PM, ihatetfp said:

Some things i noticed recently while playing on DF 5.0.1 :

Consuming Animal fat gives 5 food while tooltip says it gives 0
Caitlinn respawns when server is restarted, unlike vanilla traders - she wont keep her inventory and wont accept old quests to turn in, results in being stuck with quests that where not turned in IF the server is restarted between finishing and turning in. Remaining retrieved supplies are stuck in inventory until quest is canceled/removed by player.

Found vehicle without hitbox, which i at first assumed to be repairable (cant be repaired nor harvested) - on supercity map, coordinates: 762E 968S

Happy holidays you all.

The animal fat thing is just funny.
Caitlin uses the same entity class as vanilla traders, so not a lot I can do about that.
Co-ords don't help because the maps are decorated depending on GAME NAME.

On 12/28/2023 at 9:50 PM, ihatetfp said:

I forgot: Power Armor does not benefit from advanced muffled connector mod (armor's stats remain unchanged)

Intended

On 12/30/2023 at 3:08 PM, Baron3813 said:

Does anyone have an idea as to why in multiplayer sometimes getting in a vehicle will bug out and cause the gamma to go way up and break hand animations? Reloading seems to fix the issue right now

Nope. Nor am I spending time on MP bugs cos I'm tired of working around them.

On 12/31/2023 at 5:12 AM, kirara404 said:

It's not clear if this has happened since the latest version was updated, but multiple occurrences of "DemonLord" in multiplayer can be quite server intensive.
In addition, the fire ball of the "Succubus" seemed to be fired in a strange direction, but it was quite unstable as an invisible ball was fired at us.
Are these problems due to our server environment?

Succubus has been fine for me locally, so that's probably server lag. Demon lord is probably due to the buffs, which we are looking at changing.

On 12/31/2023 at 6:01 PM, WIKKIDJOKER said:

or reload the game with a fresh copy and mods see if that fixes it first

@KhaineGB happy new years brother, have you made any progress on the thick mission? and have you noticed an issue with the animal snare? ours doesnt seem to work we are on 5.0.1

Nope, to both. Snares are working just fine.

11 hours ago, chard said:

Hello. So I was getting an issue with a corrupted chunk on every world I created, meaning I had to delete the region in my save files and therefore losing my base. I uninstalled the game and did a fresh install, along with the latest version of the mod.

It now seems like I am getting substantially more XP per zombie kill (like 30%-50% of a level per kill.) Is this normal? Does this just apply to early stages or am I going to fly through levels? I'm on a solo world with 100% XP multiplier. I know I can decrease the % setting, just wondering if it is wise, or if there is another setting that modifies the multiplier.

I preferred the slightly more grindy feel that I had before uninstalling the game (of course not too grindy that it becomes unfun,) can someone tell me the settings required to reach this? Before I needed 50-60 kills to reach level 5, now I'm level 3 after literally 6 kills.

Lower levels currently are a bit too quick. I just re-did the XP amounts for testing.

On 12/29/2023 at 8:24 AM, mar3ld said:

Hi.

Are you the developer / creator behind Darkness Falls?

As I understand it you're not interested in hosting DF from yet another source. That is understandable. I'd really like to make DF5 compatible with the gaming system of our choice and the developer of it doesn't seem to be able to use the officially provided Azure link.

Would you consider allowing myself / my company or another one host a secondary compatible link with the latest available download of DF?

Yes I am.

And no, you can't. re-host it. Tell your host to fix their crap or move host. It's that simple. Azure is not some dodgy site. It's literally the microsoft version of git that wont charge me my kidneys and first born in order to host the mod.

The link ONLY changes between alpha versions in case someone needs the last version of the mod for  the previous alpha. That's it.