Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Lumpus

Lumpus

Sorry if this rambles a bit, but has anyone had these weird problems in DF with game file corruptions?

After about 20-40 hours or so of gameplay (about the time I've just gotten a laser workstation), game file corruptions suddenly kick in.  None of the workstation recipes will now appear in any workstations/forges and suddenly a number of loot items are no longer scrapable, like all of the scrap armor items... the 'S' option has disappeared.

Game startup will suddenly start having world generation issues (lots of red errors in consoles) and soon thereafter, the game save is no longer playable.

I use the Backup mod... and this helps, sometimes, to restore game to an older state before the corruption, but the only fix that's 75% effective is to wipe the 7D2D directory and reload all game files from steam, then a clean install of DF... and then copying an older game save backup.  Even this doesn't always reliably work  😕

I think I have had this sequence of problems for my last 5-6 games, since A21 started.  Sucks that I've never been able to make it to the DF bunker in any of my last four game playthroughs  :(

/not blaming DF... I think it has happened to me in vanilla as well 

//nope... new reinstalls didn't fix it this time - time for another new game then <sniff>

Lumpus

Lumpus

Sorry if this rambles a bit, but has anyone had these weird problems in DF with game file corruptions?

After about 20-40 hours or so of gameplay (about the time I've a laser workstation), game file corruptions suddenly kick in.  None of the workstation recipes will now appear in any workstations/forges and suddenly a number of loot items are no longer scrapable, like all of the scrap armor items... the 'S' option has disappeared.

Game startup will suddenly start having world generation issues (lots of red errors in consoles) and soon thereafter, the game save is no longer playable.

I use the Backup mod... and this helps, sometimes, to restore game to an older state before the corruption, but the only fix that's 75% effective is to wipe the 7D2D directory and reload all game files from steam, then a clean install of DF... and then copying an older game save backup.  Even this doesn't always reliably work  😕

Sucks that I've never been able to make it to the DF bunker in any of my last four game playthroughs  :(

//nope... new reinstalls didn't fix it this time - time for another new game then <sniff>

Lumpus

Lumpus

After about 20-40 hours or so of gameplay (about the time I've a laser workstation), game file corruptions suddenly kick in.  None of the workstation recipes will now appear in any workstations/forges and suddenly a number of loot items are no longer scrapable, like all of the scrap armor items... the 'S' option has disappeared.

Sucks that I've never been able to make it to the DF bunker in any of my last four game playthroughs  :(