Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Lumpus

Lumpus

RWG is better (slightly) now with the last update... agreed.  To make 99% sure all of the DF poi's are spawned, you have to have enough space for all the different biomes (as Kaine said).  Anything below 20% each for forest/snow/desert seems to cause creation issues, especially for smaller maps, IMHO.  I used to do 60%+ wasteland biome maps and invariably I'd discover that some essential DF POI wouldn't get generated, or that essential ores rarely were spawned where needed.

What I did see with my most recent RWG map is an overflow of 'Old West Town' regions.  I'm thinking about trying to manually delete them all from the prefab folder before regenerating another map, but I'm scared that RWG will just leave huge empty areas in the towns instead.  

Oh... and is the new/updated QuickStack now DF compatible?

Lumpus

Lumpus

RWG is better (slightly) now with the last update... agreed.  To make 99% sure all of the DF poi's are spawned, you have to have enough space in mapgen for all different biomes (as Kaine said).  Anything below 20% each for forest/snow/desert seems to cause creation issues.  I used to do 60%+ wasteland biome maps and invariably I'd discover that some essential DF POI wouldn't get generated.

What I did see with my most recent RWG map is an overflow of 'Old West Town' regions.  I'm thinking about trying to manually delete them all from the prefab folder before regenerating another map, but I'm scared that RWG will just leave huge empty areas in the towns instead.  

Oh... and is the new/updated QuickStack now DF compatible?

Lumpus

Lumpus

RWG is better (slightly) now with the last update... agreed.  To make 99% sure all of the DF poi's are spawned, you have to have enough space in mapgen for all different biomes (as Kaine said).  Anything below 20% each for forest/snow/desert seems to cause creation issues.  I used to do 60%+ wasteland biome maps and invariably I'd discover that some essential DF POI wouldn't get generated.

:?

Lumpus

Lumpus

RWG is better (slightly) now with the last update... agreed.

:?