Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
KhaineGB

KhaineGB

17 hours ago, wanderinpaladin said:

Are the hunter/security quests still required to "kill with X weapon" or did that change? I got the class books read them to start the quest and was going to do the old mechanic trick of doing a scout mission with turrets with the weapon in hand, but on the way to the mission I got the mission complete with my main (non-club or bow) weapon.

Kill with any.

12 hours ago, drmugwump95 said:

@KhaineGB is there an issue with zombie pathing? Built a typical killing corridor for horde night and all the zombies beat around the outside walls. 

I believe Faatal cut down AI calcs on zombies until they get really close to you for performance reasons in A21, which can cause this.

2 hours ago, tithin said:

One showed up for me today, day 26, airplane loot

I acknowledge that the zombie loot isn't done, but I'd look at those 4 items for immediate rectification, as it severely bottlenecks crafting without access to them.

I've also come across a new bug where no trader will offer me any further quests - I don't know why, but it's persisted through restarting the game so far, and there's nothing in the console log either. Enabling debugmenu and force resetting quests does nothing, the actual option to take a quest just isn't there.

Loot, in general, still isn't done. It's not the serious issue you think it is when it's an experimental build. 😛 It's not intended for long play and is kinda expected for people to cheat stuff in to progress while we hammer out the kinks.

Also, I posted B20 in discord and forgot to post it here. Will get notes and stuff in a min.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkness Falls V5.0 DEV Build 20 (Big Chungus)

(IDC) Fixed spawn loop bug issue on multiplayer.
(IDC) Fixed day/night sounds returning when player obtains and wears a watch.
(IDC) Fixed invisible water from rain catcher.
(Myth) Fixed zombies doing more damage on higher difficulties that are not insane.
Fixed "Loading Asset Bundle" errors that weren't actually breaking anything, they just annoyed me (thanks Sphereii for the tip on what C# to edit to get the file name!).
Fixed bellows not working.
Fixed rad ready mods not working in military stealth armor.
Fixed tac rigging not working in a lot of armor.
Fixed missing upgrade path for storage so the broadcast can work.
Fixed NRE with improved heating element.
Fixed zombies not eating the player on death.
Fixed Laborer 3 not telling the player to get the right amount of resources for 2 scrap tools.
Fixed a couple of missing icons.
Fixed Bellows and Crucible not being locked when they were supposed to.
Fixed UI for Stealth Assassin sneak damage not working correctly.
Fixed UI for auto weapons not working correctly.
Fixed missing unlockedby on Aloe Cream.
Fixed model issue when using barbed wire mod on clubs.
Fixed demons not being immune to fire.
Fixed Titanium Clawhammer and Laser Multi-tool not being able to upgrade doors/hatches.
Fixed one of the Working Sink models.
Fixed player lights block missing icon and causing NRE's.
Fixed Light/Heavy armor localization on the scout so it now relates to the right perk.
Fixed various armors and the poncho not being scrappable.
Fixed writeable storage not being upgradeable to broadcast storage.
Fixed traders not offering T6 quests and breaking things.
Fixed incorrect amount of mod slots on Iron Helmet.
Fixed lootable vehicles not having a durability bar when harvested/damaged.
Fixed slightly incorrect values on The Survivor perk.
Fixed Charismatic Nature adding to "trader stage" (the new thing that lets them sell better items faster) twice.
Fixed Threat Assessment not being properly removed.
Fixed The Survivor localization.
Fixed White River Scout not offering Bladed Weapon crafting (Caitlin did though!)
Fixed Joel teaching you ammo recipes and then still offering to teach them.
Fixed Machete and Steel Spear unlocks being the wrong way around.
Fixed missing unlockedby on Fruit Smoothie.
Fixed normal stalkers having Physical Damage Resistance when they shouldn't.
Fixed crops not growing.
Fixed incorrect loot bag on radiated zombie lab male
Added copies of the Empty and Playtest worlds to the DF folder so the game doesn't break.
Added extra recipes for glue that take boiled water and use less bones.
Added workstation tools to various traders to help with folks who can't find things like calipers and the welding torch. Each trader has different tools, so shop around!
Added Water Canteen. Localization, icon and model not done. This is for testing purposes.
Added T6 quests to scout as it was breaking things.
Slightly adjusted font size and icon size of the collected item list, because apparently i'm fixing vanilla bugs now.
Slightly increased amount of loot in various named crates.
Lowered amount of brass found in trash.
Lowered price of mineral infuser.
Lowered physical damage resistance of the Mutated Stalker.
Lowered player resistance to crits as the TFP bug is supposedly fixed.
Increased amount of loot in Hidden Stash, Air Drops and End Loot chests.
Rebalanced drink costs for anything that is crafted and gives wellness so the base cost is the same depending on the tier. No more cheap orange tea and tomato juice!
Rebalanced food costs for anything that is crafted and gives wellness so the base cost is the same depending on the tier.
Changed Silence of the Lambs T5 to spawn and require killing Demonic Screamers.
Changed the gore block that zombies drop just on the off chance they're dropping invisible.
Removed incorrect reference to required perks in the Chemistry Station perk.
Removed some unneeded unity assets as vanilla now has them (cop car, fire truck, for example) to reduce disk space and RAM usage.
Reordered some loot items since the game rolls from top down, and it makes no sense to start at the highest prob and work down to the lowest as this means the lowest will likely never drop.
Remade all trader rewards to potentially fix NRE's when collecting rewards, and increased all buried supplies base radius by 2 blocks to potentially fix disappearing circle issue.
(Lemon-PEP) Fixed over 100 POIs with minor block/texture issues.
(Lemon-PEP) Fixed an issue where hitting a certain vanilla block caused NRE's
(Lemon-PEP) Fixed open trade routes sending to abandoned traders.
(Lemon-PEP) Lowered prefab weights for the whole set to be better compatible with other prefab packs like ZZTongs/MPLogues in future.
(Lemon-PEP) Temporarily disabled residential from spawning in outskirts to decrease missing tile bug in the middle of towns.
(Lemon-PEP) Reviewed Hidden Stash/Sealed Shipping container distribution across set, removed many plain sight hidden stashes in T1/2 POIs, decreased hidden stash counts for T3/4/5 POIs.
(Lemon-PEP) Restored missing sleeper blocks and volumes.

KNOWN ISSUES.

Localization as per usual. Please post anything that seems odd or is missing.
Zombies do not have custom loot lists right now.
Loot is sort-of done so look for anything odd (other than zombies, as noted above).

Main Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XRArcuxCgKg1bDip9cYdrZRUHY0YdO0Y/view?usp=sharing
Backup Link 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mS91cYBsJQtmth6aQs1OuQ5KdcdQRTqR/view?usp=sharing
Backup Link 2: http://darknessfallsmod.co.uk/DF-V5-DEV-B20.zip

KhaineGB

KhaineGB

17 hours ago, wanderinpaladin said:

Are the hunter/security quests still required to "kill with X weapon" or did that change? I got the class books read them to start the quest and was going to do the old mechanic trick of doing a scout mission with turrets with the weapon in hand, but on the way to the mission I got the mission complete with my main (non-club or bow) weapon.

Kill with any.

12 hours ago, drmugwump95 said:

@KhaineGB is there an issue with zombie pathing? Built a typical killing corridor for horde night and all the zombies beat around the outside walls. 

I believe Faatal cut down AI calcs on zombies until they get really close to you for performance reasons in A21, which can cause this.

2 hours ago, tithin said:

One showed up for me today, day 26, airplane loot

I acknowledge that the zombie loot isn't done, but I'd look at those 4 items for immediate rectification, as it severely bottlenecks crafting without access to them.

I've also come across a new bug where no trader will offer me any further quests - I don't know why, but it's persisted through restarting the game so far, and there's nothing in the console log either. Enabling debugmenu and force resetting quests does nothing, the actual option to take a quest just isn't there.

Loot, in general, still isn't done. It's not the serious issue you think it is when it's an experimental build. 😛 It's not intended for long play and is kinda expected for people to cheat stuff in to progress while we hammer out the kinks.

Also, I posted B20 in discord and forgot to post it here. Will get notes and stuff in a min.

Darkness Falls V5.0 DEV Build 20 (Big Chungus)

(IDC) Fixed spawn loop bug issue on multiplayer.
(IDC) Fixed day/night sounds returning when player obtains and wears a watch.
(IDC) Fixed invisible water from rain catcher.
(Myth) Fixed zombies doing more damage on higher difficulties that are not insane.
Fixed "Loading Asset Bundle" errors that weren't actually breaking anything, they just annoyed me (thanks Sphereii for the tip on what C# to edit to get the file name!).
Fixed bellows not working.
Fixed rad ready mods not working in military stealth armor.
Fixed tac rigging not working in a lot of armor.
Fixed missing upgrade path for storage so the broadcast can work.
Fixed NRE with improved heating element.
Fixed zombies not eating the player on death.
Fixed Laborer 3 not telling the player to get the right amount of resources for 2 scrap tools.
Fixed a couple of missing icons.
Fixed Bellows and Crucible not being locked when they were supposed to.
Fixed UI for Stealth Assassin sneak damage not working correctly.
Fixed UI for auto weapons not working correctly.
Fixed missing unlockedby on Aloe Cream.
Fixed model issue when using barbed wire mod on clubs.
Fixed demons not being immune to fire.
Fixed Titanium Clawhammer and Laser Multi-tool not being able to upgrade doors/hatches.
Fixed one of the Working Sink models.
Fixed player lights block missing icon and causing NRE's.
Fixed Light/Heavy armor localization on the scout so it now relates to the right perk.
Fixed various armors and the poncho not being scrappable.
Fixed writeable storage not being upgradeable to broadcast storage.
Fixed traders not offering T6 quests and breaking things.
Fixed incorrect amount of mod slots on Iron Helmet.
Fixed lootable vehicles not having a durability bar when harvested/damaged.
Fixed slightly incorrect values on The Survivor perk.
Fixed Charismatic Nature adding to "trader stage" (the new thing that lets them sell better items faster) twice.
Fixed Threat Assessment not being properly removed.
Fixed The Survivor localization.
Fixed White River Scout not offering Bladed Weapon crafting (Caitlin did though!)
Fixed Joel teaching you ammo recipes and then still offering to teach them.
Fixed Machete and Steel Spear unlocks being the wrong way around.
Fixed missing unlockedby on Fruit Smoothie.
Fixed normal stalkers having Physical Damage Resistance when they shouldn't.
Fixed crops not growing.
Fixed incorrect loot bag on radiated zombie lab male
Added copies of the Empty and Playtest worlds to the DF folder so the game doesn't break.
Added extra recipes for glue that take boiled water and use less bones.
Added workstation tools to various traders to help with folks who can't find things like calipers and the welding torch. Each trader has different tools, so shop around!
Added Water Canteen. Localization, icon and model not done. This is for testing purposes.
Added T6 quests to scout as it was breaking things.
Slightly adjusted font size and icon size of the collected item list, because apparently i'm fixing vanilla bugs now.
Slightly increased amount of loot in various named crates.
Lowered amount of brass found in trash.
Lowered price of mineral infuser.
Lowered physical damage resistance of the Mutated Stalker.
Lowered player resistance to crits as the TFP bug is supposedly fixed.
Increased amount of loot in Hidden Stash, Air Drops and End Loot chests.
Rebalanced drink costs for anything that is crafted and gives wellness so the base cost is the same depending on the tier. No more cheap orange tea and tomato juice!
Rebalanced food costs for anything that is crafted and gives wellness so the base cost is the same depending on the tier.
Changed Silence of the Lambs T5 to spawn and require killing Demonic Screamers.
Changed the gore block that zombies drop just on the off chance they're dropping invisible.
Removed incorrect reference to required perks in the Chemistry Station perk.
Removed some unneeded unity assets as vanilla now has them (cop car, fire truck, for example) to reduce disk space and RAM usage.
Reordered some loot items since the game rolls from top down, and it makes no sense to start at the highest prob and work down to the lowest as this means the lowest will likely never drop.
Remade all trader rewards to potentially fix NRE's when collecting rewards, and increased all buried supplies base radius by 2 blocks to potentially fix disappearing circle issue.
(Lemon-PEP) Fixed over 100 POIs with minor block/texture issues.
(Lemon-PEP) Fixed an issue where hitting a certain vanilla block caused NRE's
(Lemon-PEP) Fixed open trade routes sending to abandoned traders.
(Lemon-PEP) Lowered prefab weights for the whole set to be better compatible with other prefab packs like ZZTongs/MPLogues in future.
(Lemon-PEP) Temporarily disabled residential from spawning in outskirts to decrease missing tile bug in the middle of towns.
(Lemon-PEP) Reviewed Hidden Stash/Sealed Shipping container distribution across set, removed many plain sight hidden stashes in T1/2 POIs, decreased hidden stash counts for T3/4/5 POIs.
(Lemon-PEP) Restored missing sleeper blocks and volumes.

KNOWN ISSUES.

Localization as per usual. Please post anything that seems odd or is missing.
Zombies do not have custom loot lists right now.
Loot is sort-of done so look for anything odd (other than zombies, as noted above).

Main Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XRArcuxCgKg1bDip9cYdrZRUHY0YdO0Y/view?usp=sharing
Backup Link 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mS91cYBsJQtmth6aQs1OuQ5KdcdQRTqR/view?usp=sharing
Backup Link 2: http://darknessfallsmod.co.uk/DF-V5-DEV-B20.zip