Objects don't disappear after being picked up/destroyed

eldirian

Greetings,

I've recently experienced a bug with objects (blocks). Sometimes (I don't know the origin of this bug) when I pick up a flower, cut a tree, destroy a block, kill a zombie or similar interaction with game objects, the object remains visible to me. E.g. I pick up a Cotton flower, it adds up to my inventory, but it doesn't disappear from the ground, I can still see it. My connected friend client can see it disappear as it should.

Another thing is when I destroy a door, it remains visible to me and I can't pass through + zombies can't pass through it too. My friend sees this door destroyed and can walk through it with no problem and he sees a zombie stopping at an invisible barrier now (where I can still see the door). Furthermore, when I kill a zombie, the corpse disappears but when I run over it, it still slows me down like it should.

I don't know if it is related or not but sometimes preceding this bug I get an error in console saying "NullReferenceExeption: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object".

Restarting the server sometimes resolves this issue but it is unacceptable on the long run as it ruins the fluent game experience.

I performed the file integrity check. Everything seems to be OK.

Game type: MP Local, I am the host

No mods

My specs:

i7 4770

DDR3 8 GB

GTX 1060 6 GB

Windows 10 64bit

30 Mbit/s cable connection

Two error messages I remember:

1. "NullReferenceExeption: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object"

2. "ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint

Aborting"

I uploaded the logs to pastebin.

output_log__2018-01-02__23-33-14:

https://pastebin.com/nf71X0wN

error:

https://pastebin.com/n7tLwRsR

Crash dump file attached as crash.zip.

Thanks for any help!

crash.zip

Thanks for the reply. It could be as you say but the bugs happen independently on the server uptime. It happened about 5 mins from startup but also many minutes later.

I can't wait an hour to restart server. If this bug appears, the game is unplayable since I can't interact with objects...

its your ram, "86% memory in use"...

got the same problem in older game versions but with 16gb :D

reduce the graphic (texture) or restart your game every hour.

Thank you for your reply.

Which texture settings should I reduce? Also, the bug appears independently on the server uptime. It can happen as soon as 10 mins in-game.

Info I didn't mention: this kind of bug started to appear after I reinstalled my system few days ago. When we've been playing for the last few week this bug never happened.

You should probably get 32GB of RAM if you're hosting. Or a second computer to run the Server on while you play on your main PC. Or if your friend has a better computer you could have them host.

You might also want to simply join a server listed in the Join a Game screen.

Thanks for the replies. Today we've played with no problems. You wouldn't guess - I set everything on max/high (as I used to before this install) and today we played for 4 hours with no problems whatsoever. I checked many times the task manager, RAM usage was 80-95 %, yet game went on smoothly. The bug I mentioned seems to appear pretty randomly. It didn't happen today.

I'm not hosting a dedicated server, game is just for me and my friend. Hopefully it will be enjoyable as it was today...

Archived