Controller support

Gwazza

I play the game through steam on windows 10, the game controls option has a tick box for 'allow controller' yet i cannot get my controller to work at all. i play with keyboard and mouse but my partner would love to play with controller as she is used to the ps4 and cannot get on with k+m. please advise if controller support is actually part of the game or if it will be soon. Thank you.

I use a joystick as well, came over from PS4. I had to setup my controller in Steam first, using a PS4 controller with wire. There are tick boxes for what type of controller you are using under controller setup. There is an option for remapping the controls, also.

I play the game through steam on windows 10, the game controls option has a tick box for 'allow controller' yet i cannot get my controller to work at all. i play with keyboard and mouse but my partner would love to play with controller as she is used to the ps4 and cannot get on with k+m. please advise if controller support is actually part of the game or if it will be soon. Thank you.

I am also playing via Steam on Win 10 and I am using an Xbox wired controller - seems to work just fine! Although that might not help if you are used to a PS4 controller.....

• 2 months later...

I recently completely wiped my OS and downgraded from W10 to W7 and i cannot get the MS wired controller to work now in 7DTD.

I have input in windows game controller and works elsewhere on steam ?

Is there no support for W7 or do have a problem with the game settings (Enable controller tickbox is checked and it was working with W10)

EDIT:

I had not downloaded the MS driver app and was only using the generic PnP driver.

I think that post W7 the software is included in the OS ie:w8-w10

Archived